Installed IE7 Silently Successfully

Dvij

Hi I had installed IE7 silently with my unattended xp sp 2 cd. It worked fine. For this you need to have a genuine copy of windows xp (which will pass the WGA validation process). Download the IE7. Rename it to IE7F. Copy it to svcpack folder in your i386 folder. Add ie7f.exe /quiet /passive /nobackup /norestart to svcpack.inf file in i386 folder (along with other updates, hotfixes, programs - if u wish).

I had previously tried this - I don't think I used the exact same switches, though. IE7 is installed...

BUT...

For some odd reason, after installing IE7 via svcpack (even tested with IE7 being the only update installed by svcpack), I am no longer able to install anything using RunOnceEx. Even after restarting the computer, re-running the RunOnceEx.cmd file, and verifying the entries are in the registry, RunOnceEx will not run. This is the same exact RunOnceEx.cmd file I have used successfully for several years, as recently as last month with no problem at all.

Anybody else have this problem? I used the following switches (maybe they caused the problem?):

/quiet /update-no /no-default /nobackup /norestart

has anyone tried to use a integrate command to see if it can be slipstreamed? i think that the problem maybe will be solved when the release via automatic updates is out.

for now. i install it manually but personally i didnt find anything useful on it to try to install it unattendedly.

I just made my own, based on the settings from this post.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PAMFVWYP tested in vmware.

( You need a genuine version of XP , otherwise it doesnt install !! , it contains the original setup from microsoft )

Can you explain how you made your own and combined it into this file?

Is there any way to make your own using the flat method with IEAK?