Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2

boooggy

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/D/6/3D626581-734B-406D-B625-D3D92B950CF4/wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe

Found via http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...p;qstechnology=

The "real" download page gives a "Operating System Not Supported" message (I'm on Win98... don't feel like changing the user-agent either), so I just searched the downloads and found the above link.

Edited by LLXX

This release requires online validation...is there anyway to get past that? More importantly, is there any way to install this unattended?

no. and asking for that around here usually gets people banned. so don't do it.

This release requires online validation...is there anyway to get past that? More importantly, is there any way to install this unattended?

no. and asking for that around here usually gets people banned. so don't do it.

even u download it, the installer checks if your windows is genuine....two times.

so there is no way u can install this if u have a nongenuine windows...... :P

Edited by boooggy

even u download it, the installer checks if your windows is genuine....two times.

so there is no way u can install this if u have a nongenuine windows...... :P

yes there is, just edit the installation file to take out the check... :whistle:

too bad this doesnt work for the non-x64 check... i really wna test it out.

There is a way to install WMP 11 Beta 2 unattended without any alterations, and I apologize if my question was borderline worth banning me. What I did was simply create a silent switchless 7zip installer after extracting the files from the package and used this switch:

setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /AcceptedPrivacyStatement /SkipPrivacy /Q:A /R:N

After making the silent installer, I was able to make a .7z addon using NLPC. Worked like a charm.

Is there a changelog for this beta (other than the one posted at Microsoft that's very vague)? I wanted to know what exactly they fixed and know is still wrong; as of yet, it still does not add pictures to its media library.

Please remove this post if it goes against any rules.

Edited by tap52384

wmp11 beta 2 sucks it has a bug where if you click on 'work offline' then after about 3 or 4 program close and open it up again it'll try and connect to the internet. Also another bug it has is that it always starts in Library when opening wmp where as the older versions would start in which ever was used last

Edited by tha_demon2004

Ummm... I found a way to install it without the check. If it ain't against the rules, please mods let me know and I'll share how to do it.

nitro

well if its resediting the exe file like i said... but thats prolly all we can get into it.