COMPLETELY uninstalling Phootoshop CS2

inifekt

Hey, I'm new here. I did search around and all I could find was how to silently install...

Is there a way to completely remove everything Photoshop installs? I want to be able to uninstall and reinstall like it was the first time. I know Adobe leaves files behind for trial programs and such to keep track of the time, so you can't just change the date back.

Is there anyway to get rid of these files? Sorry if this is in the wrong location.

I recently had a problem with Adobe Premiere Pro v2.0 where I tried to uninstall it but the uninstaller would give some sort of "interruption" error message. I figured this was due to some screw up in the registry. Well, I then stumbled onto this.

The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not:

• Remove Windows Installer.

• Remove files of any programs that are installed by Windows Installer, such as Microsoft Office 2003.

The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does:

• Provide a dialog box where you can select one or more programs that were installed by Windows Installer. You select the programs on the Installed Products list in the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box. After you make this selection, the utility removes only the Windows Installer configuration information that is related to those programs.

• Remove the files and registry settings that make up the Windows Installer configuration information for programs that you select.

Clicky this linky

Once I used this, deinstallation/reinstallation worked like a charm. :thumbup

The reason I really wanted to do a "fresh" install is because of the attached file. It did it randomly and it's really starting to bug me.

I uninstalled every way possible. I want to get rid of every file Photoshop CS2 makes, so I can reactivate. That or find a way to bypass...

Any suggestions?

PS: When I try to uninstall and "transfer activations", I get an unsuseccesful transfer. Error 93:-8.

post-108946-1156919058_thumb.jpg

Edited by inifekt

In regards to Activation info, I believe that's all stored within the registry, which would have been removed if you had used the Windows Installer Cleanup tool I posted above. Just search for the folders named Adobe Photoshop and delete them.

1. During CS installation, SafeCast _does_ write a disk signature to

absolute sector 32 of the boot drive. The signature (at least on the

test system) was 508 bytes long and was entirely contained in sector

32. SafeCast does not write to any other reserved areas of the drive.

:o:realmad:

I'll keep my Photoshop 7, CS2 no thanks... directly accessing the disk is something that only disk-management software should do, and nothing else. Not everyone's drive is partitioned to have some empty space before the partition starts. It's common, but not mandatory. When someone's filesystem gets trashed because of it, Adobe is going to get it.

License files are stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses". To reset your settings, press Ctrl-Alt-Shift during the load screen. I think your problem might be because you've set your documents to something other than RGB or that you might have 8-bits of color only.