New Rig

benheaven1

Thanks on the sound card. its a explosion 7.1.. i have some bad news.. the motherboard is faulty! and one of the memory out fo the 4 were too! :realmad: so i m having some issues.. i RMA'd the board.. luckly newegg let me exchage for a diff type of motherboard even though they were not suppose too.. and they even waved the restocking fee! so i went with a ASUS P5B DELUXE it had real good reviews so lets see wut happens.. i m gonna RMA the memory and then sell once i get it back and either go with some super talents or corsair.. any suggestions? :hello:

Very nice. You said that the card is a 7900GTX, but the card shown in the picture only takes one slot, so I'm assuming you meant 7800GTX? Would have been nice if you went with a 7900GT. That way you could have an entirely passively-cooled system.

i could have sworn i said 7800gtx lol... anyway yea the rma's suck.. gigabyte is having some major compatibility issues right now, and ocz i dunno wuts going on with them i might go with some mushkin or corsair not totally sure yet

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820146118

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820145590

k guys you know how i had to RMA the motherboard.. well it so happens that OCZ is having major problems with there memory sticks right now. especially with there PC2 6400.. so happens they dont use certain memory chips and there voltage is so high to start up! 965 mb's like 1.8V. of course OCZ is blaming gigabyte.. but cheapy ram. and corair memory boots up.. just givein the heads up if anyone is going to a conroe system. watch out for OCZ and certain memories! or it will be nothing but a headache :realmad:

k guys you know how i had to RMA the motherboard.. well it so happens that OCZ is having major problems with there memory sticks right now. especially with there PC2 6400.. so happens they dont use certain memory chips and there voltage is so high to start up! 965 mb's like 1.8V. of course OCZ is blaming gigabyte.. but cheapy ram. and corair memory boots up.. just givein the heads up if anyone is going to a conroe system. watch out for OCZ and certain memories! or it will be nothing but a headache :realmad:

Well, I'd say your headache is partly your own fault for spending thousands of dollars on these insane parts. A lot of people out there are so picky that they convince themselves they will only be happy with the absolute highest speced components. What they fail to realize is that they will be just as happy with PC 3200 RAM. I felt the same way you do now back when I was deciding on a video card for my system. I wanted a geForce 7800GTX, but I got a 6800GS, and I ended up being thrilled with it. The guys like puntoMX who really know their s*** will tell you, just as they told me, never go for the "state of the art" parts because you're just digging a hole for yourself that will take you longer to get out of than it did to fall in.

Live and learn, I guess...

no. its not that i m convincing myself and i did not spend thousands. its the manufactor's fault for using the ppl as pigs and sheep to figure out wuts not compatible and wut is. and there for the ppl suffer. there the ones that should have did the testing b4 selling things to ppl and the ppl get stuck b/c either they cant return it or w/e the reason may be. i posted here to show ppl some system specs.. and to give ppl the heads up, not to be told how to spend my money and i m convining myself, thats not wut the post was for. but if thats the case i make very good money and buying high end stuff dont effect me if u wanted to get into that.

i make very good money and buying high end stuff dont effect me.

Well, good for you. Cheers.

i did not spend thousands

Wow, let everyone else know where you got all that stuff for under $1000, then. :P

Edited by Jeremy