Please someone test 5.2 or 5.3 with a large config.

Would someone please test his WPI version 5.2 or 5.3 with a large config, it seems that the shutdowntime of after installing all my programs runs up to 90 seconds before shutting the mshta.exe process (in my config are 192 programs).

Also the memory usage increases, if this mshta.exe is at start 27.428kb and when installing my last program it's 61.644kb.

That's more than double, and in the 90 seconds the process mshta is still running the memory usage slims down from 61.644kb till 27.500kb and then mshta.exe shuts down and my system reboots (this always happens after the 90 seconds delay).

I did not had this problem in all the prefious versions before WPIv5.2, so it just popped up and we can't find a solution.

I don't run from HD and I don't use RunOnceExe (tried RunOnceExe and it had the same delay), after installing Windows unattended and installed all drivers I reboot manually and then I start WPI from the start menu manually.

In my unattended windows installation I put a command in the start menu to start WPI manually from there, after I have installed all drivers ofcourse.

We all have been searching for a solution, but till now results (thanks mritter, Djé, sadicq for your help sofar). So if there is someone with a very large config.js, lets say more than 100 programs please test your WPI and select all your programs and post your shutdown delays here.

Tomorrow august 10 I'm gone fore two weeks so from that date I can't reply, but fore sure I will read this when I return, and hope this *****bug is solfed.

So to all people that respond here take that in mind, only the shutdown time I am iterested in .

Thanks already :thumbup

Gr. Pliek

Edited by Pliek

even on a empty config file it takes me between 3 -5 seconds

Yes but that's your start-up time, I want to know people's shutdown time when installing a large number of programs. ;)

So to all people that respond here take that in mind, only the shutdown time I am iterested in .

Thanks.

Edited by Pliek

Nope.

That's too bad. :}

Kel your config is though mutch longer than 5 ??

Maybe people with a larger config ??

Where are you people, thouhgt that most people had a minimun of 25 programs or more....... :whistle:

I said I have 50! LOL :P

I NEED A HOLLYDAY!!!!

I am at work (last day, doing this inbetween quickly)

Sorry Kel, so my statement is not working for you that's too bad.

LOL anyway.... :thumbup

Hey I had a thought what is the config section for the last running program in your installation?

Here you can find all the files.

My WPIScripts

These are the same config.js files I used for 5.3 (These are reports for 5.1 and 5.2 but the config.js is the same).

Edited by Pliek

Ok just running your config file using wpi.hta (Not the supplied cmd file) I only get a delay of @5 seconds.

I think the issue has to do with allof the cleanup commands you have in wpi.cmd. Have you thoguht of moving them into an execute after cmd file?

Also I couldn't find taskkill.cmd can you provide that for me to look at?

Here is a sample, the setup is all the same for other programs.

My taskkill command off XstreamRadio3.02.msi looks like this:

@ECHO OFF

REM Hide this command window.

%systemroot%\system32\cmdow.exe @ /hid

ECHO.

ECHO Even geduld aub...

taskkill /F /IM XstreamRadio.exe

EXIT

And today I try execute after.

Good point!!!!

Edited by Pliek

First of all, the echo commands are useless.

Then all the cmd is useless ...

Don't you fint it easier to just call the taskkill directly from WPI? Like this

cmd /c taskkill /im program.exe /f

I know it's not related to your problem but it will save some time though (not running cmdow) ...

First of all, the echo commands are useless.

Then all the cmd is useless ...

Don't you fint it easier to just call the taskkill directly from WPI? Like this

cmd /c taskkill /im program.exe /f

I know it's not related to your problem but it will save some time though (not running cmdow) ...

Is it also hidden that way like my version with cmdow.exe in the line?

And yesterday I tried a RunOnceExe version with no WPI.cmd to start WPI so there was no clean-up that way and the delay was still there.

So think it's not related to the clean-up afterwards.

Edited by Pliek