Is there any tool that convert .inf -2-> .reg ?

@ xtremee

You probably found some interesting INF files and want to partially exploit them.

Honestly I know how to transform REGs to INFs, but not the opposite.

As of now, you can run a CMD script to install an INF file then export the imported REG keys to a REG file(s).

Example:

Suppose you installed Power.inf to apply some power policies of your own.

Also, Power.inf contains values that are imported under "HKCU\Control Panel\PowerCfg" and "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\PowerCfg".

Then, your CMD should be:

Start /Wait rundll32 %WINDIR%\System32\setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %SystemDrive%\Power.inf

REG EXPORT "HKCU\Control Panel\PowerCfg" %SystemDrive%\PCFGHKCU.reg

REG EXPORT "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Controls Folder\PowerCfg" %SystemDrive%\PCFGHKLM.reg

@All

thanx for replying :hello:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------@jaclaz

What kind of .inf are you talking about?
Windows INF files not PE format

i read the 2nd topic but this convert .reg to .inf and that is wat i'm not looking for (i.e. i need the reverse operation).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Mazin

run a CMD script to install an INF file then export the imported REG keys to a REG file(s).
then if i have inf file that make various change to registery like Microsoft App. This will take a very long time form me to get the .reg for .inf

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

Xteme

Edited by xtremee