Microsoft Defends WGA, Plans Similar Tool to Validate Office

Shindo_Hikaru

i tried that out a while ago and i hated it, absolutly hated it. making that new layout/tooldbar is just stupid. they say its suppose to be easier but they have had the same layout for over 10 years. now they decide to change it! so its either office 2003 or openoffice.

They may as well just make MGA (Microsoft Genuine Advantage) and get it over with. :D

Exactly. MS is truly shooting themselves in the foot. I'm sure WGA is selling a lot of copies of XP (right before Vista is released nonetheless!), but if you look at the long term scenario... If they stop piracy (or make it sufficiently bothersome/annoying/difficult), people will flock to Linux and Macs in masses (or just run old/outdated versions or plain not update anymore).

Forcing people to buy Windows? That wasn't too bad considering most PCs already come with Windows preinstalled (and XP Home OEM is cheap). But now do the same for office... Nobody that pirates it is going to buy it at 600$. I'm lucky enough to have a licensed version thru work (and I might take advantage of an academic version too if I go back to uni - depending on the license and price), but most people don't have that kind of luck. Doing this would be the quickest way to lose the grip on MS proprietary formats (forcing everyone to have MS Office) as everyone will now use OOo instead (and nobody will buy it anymore). I'm just hoping to see a OneNote equivalent some day... And better office automation tools for OOo (not holding my breath tho).

Well, I guess untill Microsoft considers Windows XP to be an obsolete OS, i'll use it. but seriously, this whole WGA and OGA thing is just plain silly. the only thing it will accomplish is the hatred of microsoft and nothing more.

I'm still using OfficeXP, don't know why everyone just wants the newest word processor...

:lol::lol: It's one of those status symbols. :lol: You know the people who drive 4 wheel drive vehicles but never take them off road.

Hey man ya get the latest office??? Ya don't ya just get a woody when the animations HOG the processor speed, gives me time to go to the watering hole.

Well for me until XP runs it's course will give me plenty of time to look elsewhere. Who knows maybe Dos 6.22 with 95 :w00t:

jd