[Error] - Having problems installing windows XP

fbm2themex

I recently builded a new computer from scratch. I thought i had everything rite. but then, as i try to install windows XP.

i get this error

how can i fix this??

DSC01743.jpg

and my front panel lights arnt glowing....how do i turn them on??

I recently builded a new computer from scratch. I thought i had everything rite. but then, as i try to install windows XP.

i get this error

how can i fix this??

DSC01743.jpg

This is often caused by bad RAID/SATA drivers. How are you loading them during textmode setup?
and my front panel lights arnt glowing....how do i turn them on??
Flip the connectors around on the motherboard.

This is often caused by bad RAID/SATA drivers. How are you loading them during textmode setup?

it gives me 2 options, "tab" to c the post, and "del" to run setup....i insert the xp cd, press tab, it displays my hd, 2 cd roms, n then it goes to the windows xp setup....just wen its about to install, the blue screen pops out...

Edited by fbm2themex

Are you trying to install on a raid sata controller ?

7B error is windows can't mount boot bartition.

You need either to add the drivers when installing or modify in the bios if it's a sata drive the sata mode: some bios have up to 3 mode for sata and drivers can be different for each one.

You're using an old ata cable (40pin) you should use a newer (80pin). It could be the problem.

Also if this doesn't solve your problem, try to put the hard drive on the first controler and master. From the lastest screenshot, it's detected on the secondary controller and some motherboard doesn't like to have a cdrom as first device on first controller.

In order for the blue screen to go away, i switched the IDE cable for the CD rom to SECONDARY IDE....leaving HDD as primary...that worked...but now, im having that black screen problem....

i successfully installed windows. its working perfect. but theres a problem...

when i took the windows cd out, restarted the computer, it wouldnt loud, it would just stay black, with a white blinking underscore....

then i inserted the windows cd back, restarted, n bam, windows started running...which is really wierd.....

how can fix this problem?? what should i do?

That's because you're actually booting off the CD. I'd recommend starting over and completely deleting the existing system partition before selecting it for the install. That way you'll ensure the MBR is copied and bootable.

The blinking cursor indicates the HD's boot sector cannot be found.

Check the BIOS is booting HD first.

Then you could still try the Recovery Console's commands:

fixboot

fixmbr

bootcfg /rebuild

thanks dude, it worked...i didnt do "bootcfg /rebuild"...i totally forgot about the command...i can still go back and do it safelly right??

as i try to boot from windows setup cd, i keeps going back to that blue screen....which to me, its geting really annoying...is it because of 40-pin connected to the cd/dvd drives?? or somthing is still wrong with the hd?

Thanks for your feedback.

The bootcfg command corrects the bootl.ini file. In your case I didn't expect it was boot.ini error, otherwise you might see the classic "NTLDR is missing" message. So you don't really need to use it now Windows is booting.

I'd buy a new cable. It's not expensive. Until you try it you can never be sure if the BSOD will go away.

Thanks for your feedback.

The bootcfg command corrects the bootl.ini file. In your case I didn't expect it was boot.ini error, otherwise you might see the classic "NTLDR is missing" message. So you don't really need to use it now Windows is booting.

I'd buy a new cable. It's not expensive. Until you try it you can never be sure if the BSOD will go away.

i bought a new 40-pin cable for my cd/dvd rom...and bam, that black screen warning error was gone!!!! so it was the cable...thanks alot!!!

so should i do the same for the HD(buy a new cable)?? cause the blue screen still pops out when i try to install xp...

thanks dude