nLite Error

Jeremy

Well, I don't intend on installing the full .NET 2.0. The Runtimes have worked in the past, I don't know what would cause them to stop working all of a sudden. I'll just wait until the next release.

Whats so bad about .net 2.0? It takes about 2 seconds to install on my raptor X. Plus if you like xpize you need 2.0. I used to be like you and not install .net and use the runtimes. But installing 2.0 is just easier. It's okay, life will go on.

Whats so bad about .net 2.0? It takes about 2 seconds to install on my raptor X. Plus if you like xpize you need 2.0. I used to be like you and not install .net and use the runtimes. But installing 2.0 is just easier. It's okay, life will go on.

I don't have a raptor X like you do. I also use XPize Lite and integrate it with nLite, no need for NET2.0. I don't like having things like Java or NET on my system. It's as simple as that.

In order to change xpize settings you need .net 2.0.

I dont like java either, i agree, but there is nothing bad with .net. It's like 20 MB. OH NOOO THATS TOO MUCH!!!!

It's not like it will degrade your performance. You probably just browse the web anyway.

wow bottled leaf, how presumptious of you to think you know how another person uses their pc.

Jeremy's not gona like this :P

and the fact of the matter is Jeremy has stated he doesn't want to install .net2.0, so quit harping on about it. It doesn't solve the issue as to why the runtimes are not working.

And besides why do you think the runtimes are made available? Perhaps because others don't want to install .net2.0 on their machines also? :rolleyes:

In order to change xpize settings you need .net 2.0.

I dont like java either, i agree, but there is nothing bad with .net. It's like 20 MB. OH NOOO THATS TOO MUCH!!!!

It's not like it will degrade your performance. You probably just browse the web anyway.

I suggest you stop making assumptions little one. I use my PC for several things, and those who know how much I nLite my PC are surprised I can do all of them! It's 20 MBs I have no constant use for. That being said, it doesn't get on my system. I don't care if I have 50 PBs of space, I'm not installing 20 MBs of something I don't need. Now you go browse your web and leave me to what I do. Actually, if you even bothered to notice the screenshots in my signature, you'd realize one of the few things I do is play HL2DM.

Edit - piXelatedEmpire, I actually appreciated your post. I think you meant bottled leaf wouldn't like it. :P

Edited by Jeremy

what I meant J was that you wouldn't like bottled leaf's "You probably just browse the web anyway" comment.

Gotta love those kinda comments from a newbie lol :thumbup

now, back on topic. I had the same issue you are experiencing with the runtimes, it's really wierd. I couldn't figure out how to fix it, but when I reformatted and reinatalled the runtimes and nLite 1.0 it worked again. Strange behaviour indeed :wacko:

there is nothing bad with .net. It's like 20 MB. OH NOOO THATS TOO MUCH!!!!

It's at least eight times 20MB (when using NTFS compression on the various folders), plus A LOT, A HUGE LOT of registry data that loads in memory everytime... (so many reg crap that the installer takes more time bloating the registry than installing files...)

And MS just released a patch for .net 2... wait ! a patch ? So there were something bad in .net ? :lol:

And one can browse the net with a 1.44 MB operating system (QNX)...

evelyy, congrats, it is all about that file.

The one in the 'official' alternatives is the one which should work on German and English since only English didn't work on German Widnows, imagine that, but this one caused trouble...now gotta see which is the universal if such thing exists.