File rdducer for windows 2000

dirtwarrior

im realy sorry to say. but is this guy realy stupid or schizofrenic or what :o

this is about the 1000th time (at least) that he asks a question like this...

look arround on the forum man... you have made nearly triple my post-count

and are about as long on this board as i am....

so realy are you realy a loser (luser) after all this time,

come on spend some time look around try voreck's stuf, try nuhi's nify little program search google .....

//edit correct a mistake//

Edited by -I-

This is the one I used my ISO came out to about 90 mb with this and fdv files, and -I- sorry you feel I am a looser but if you search like I did you would see that Oleg also had a reducer fileset so :P to you.

BTW I was unable to use nlite on the source after running HFSLIP due to some missing files

-I- if you dont have anything constructive to say them stop spamming me

Edited by dirtwarrior

Hey Dirtwarrior, I have Oleg_II's original mini001a.zip and mini002.zip reducer sets if you want them. I am not sure if mini002 is the same as the one that you can download from the original post. But these were just a start that TommyP has improved upon. BTW, I also have 6 sets of TommyP's reducers as they progressed. I also have an old set of Fred's but I am not sure if it is the same from his site.

You probably want the smallest, cleanest install possible but to how much effort? As TommyP has stated, the latest reducer set for W2k removes most of the crap without any ramification for most people. Start with that and then add in Fred's if you feel brave.

Personally, I have needed to remove 9 rem, rin, rdv's so far to make everything work for my system. I haven't added in Fred's set yet.

Thanks Squeeto

This is what I was refering to when I asked for the reducer filesets. My email addy is

joedurall2003@yahoo.com

if you want to zip them up and send them to me.

BTW what happened to OLEG? He used to be very active on here but I havnt seen him for a while.

As TommyP has stated, the latest reducer set for W2k removes most of the crap without any ramification for most people.
Yeah, TommyP will probably say to NOT use those other sets and to stick with the current set posted on the link above. He has put a lot of work into it and it works well.
Start with that and then add in Fred's if you feel brave.
Brave? FDV's fileset doesn't require any courage :) His guide helps you choose, but basically if you need IE or use some software that depends on IE, then don't use his files. Otherwise, go for it! They are extremely dependable as he has been tweaking and bug-fixing them for *years*.
Personally, I have needed to remove 9 rem, rin, rdv's so far to make everything work for my system.
Did you provide that feedback to Tommy? He might be able to produce a pack that works for even more people if he knows about such things.

Oleg is MIA. I believe that he was last heard from prior to going on a trip somewhere, but that was quite some time ago. Hopefully he is OK. He is probably under a beach umbrella being served exotic drinks by even more exotic women :)

-I- does have a point, but I would suggest that you try to use existing threads instead of starting new ones. It makes it easier for people to go back and find information without reading multiple threads.

Brave? FDV's fileset doesn't require any courage
Oh, I totally recommend the 'FDV fileset'. I was talking about a HFCLEANUP set that he once (and still probably does) provide on his site.

Wait... from the original post:

Can't resist If you want go nusty with W2k, combine my beta set with tested reducers from FDV's site Just to see how small it could be (and some more files will be removed in future).
Did you provide that feedback to Tommy? He might be able to produce a pack that works for even more people if he knows about such things.
I'll start a new post and see what the response is.
Oleg is MIA. I believe that he was last heard from prior to going on a trip somewhere

I PMed him and unfortunately he has had to set aside the computer for a while to help some good friends of his. It seems that the Swedish Bikini team needed a reliable manager\masseuse\provider of creature comforts guy ;)

Aww man you had my hopes up. Hopefully he shows up soon...

I think some other HFSLIPpers have contacted him via email before. Not sure when he was last heard from. He hasn't logged into this board since 29th March 2006.

OK I used fdv files and reducer fileset. I was missing msyuv.dll needed for my video drivers to install not a biggie but a little digging to get it to work. But on yahoo messenger when I type my message and send my text disappears. How would I fix both these problems? Other than this it is great.

Someone please help.