How to make Office 2000 install with runonce

I've recently decided that I wanted to learn how to make my own addons for nLite. I could easily download them but not all of the most up-to-date version of the programs I use are available.

I want to get Office 2000 to install through nLite if possible. I was using this thread, http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=67562, to make a cab file for Office 2000. As you can see I had a problem with SR1a.

Someone posted that I should make Office 2000 install at runonce. That suits me fine, I think I can code runonce to that. My only question is how do I make the file for Office 2000? I take it I don't make a cab file?

I've searched the forums already and haven't found anything that looks as though it will tell me how to do this. Apologies if there is something somewhere. Could someone either tell me how prepare whatever file type I need Office 2000 to be in e.g. cab, exe, rar etc for me to install it at runonce.

I would prefer to make a cab file as the link earlier describes but I've had a problem with that. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I was over @RyanVM.net/msfn and was trying to do the same thing Kinda
this page will help you for slipstreaming and administrative point: Office 2003 Slipstreaming

and this one will help in modifying your office before installation, so it will be installed as you wanted. Office 2003 Advanced Installation

Thanks I tried that out but the same thing happens when I try the code:

msiexec /p C:\SP2\MAINSP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\PRO11.msi SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb
msiexec /p C:\SP2\OWC11SP2ff.msp /a C:\Office2003\OWC11.MSI SHORTFILENAMES=TRUE /qb

I adapted the code for Office 2000 but that stage is basically the same as the original instructions for Office 2000 on the MSFN forums. The SR1a install won't play ball.

Anyone know what package I'd have to make Office 2000 into for installing at runonce?

can i ask why do people use the msiexec when they are loading the MSI files

:) , its seems a tab odd to me .. coz i never used that commond

Er I use it because the two guides I've tried to use tell me to. I'm new to this so I don't know any other ways of doing that stuff.

give me 5 mins to find my .bat files i used to fire up office and i will post them here :) and show how i do stuff :)

ok this is what my office install commond .bat file looks like

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\wpi\wpi.hta SET CDROM=%%i:
@echo off
echo now starting Office cd 1
%CDROM%\wpi\install\appz\ocd1\setup TRANSFORMS="%CDROM%\wpi\install\appz\ocd1\CD1.MST" /qb-

all what you are needing is

c:\install.app\ocd1\setup TRANSFORMS="c:\install.app\ocd1\CD1.MST" /qb-

if you going to ask what the top part is for

its used to find the CD-rom / dvd drive and than its sets the gives the %cdrom% a path to goto :)

** note **

im only working with office 2003

i cant remeber if i did this stuff with office 2000 or not

but i think its about the same commond lines :)

Edited by ZcWorld

Ah, thanks. So you put that in runonce? Runonce then runs that bat file and you install Office off the CD on the first logon?

That sounds good but I'd really like to be able to pack Office along with other apps into my nLited install. I know how to do the apps such as Winamp, VLC, ATI Tray Tools etc. I can either download them or make them myself. It just Office that I can't figure out how to pack into nLite.

thats from a .bat file i used

for the run once its would be

office.cmd [as the file name] or copy and past into the runonce.cmd file

but you gotta make sure the office install files are copyed over to hard drive to be able to install them :)

and than

%systemdrive%\install.app\ocd1\setup TRANSFORMS="%systemdrive%\install.app\ocd1\CD1.MST" /qb-

thats from a .bat file i used

for the run once its would be

office.cmd [as the file name] or copy and past into the runonce.cmd file

but you gotta make sure the office install files are copyed over to hard drive to be able to install them :)

and than

%systemdrive%\install.app\ocd1\setup TRANSFORMS="%systemdrive%\install.app\ocd1\CD1.MST" /qb-

Right I get the .bat stuff. But if I've just installed Windows how can I have the Office files copied over to the hard drive? I don't get that bit. If I have to put the Office files into an nLite install why can't I just have Office install as part of the Windows install?

CD ROOT

- > $OEM$

-> c

-> install

->ocd1 << put your office files here >>

note

due to the size of office and the size of windows you may going to be using a dvd , i dont think you will get arrr 800 mb onto a normal cd

justs a heads up :)

edit dam it i gotta put a file on here so its looks right

Edited by ZcWorld

CD ROOT

- > $OEM$

-> c

-> install

->ocd1 << put your office files here >>

note

due to the size of office and the size of windows you may going to be using a dvd , i dont think you will get arrr 800 mb onto a normal cd

justs a heads up :)

edit dam it i gotta put a file on here so its looks right

Thanks. So what do I do? Run the administrative install of Office and then copy the files into that folder?

As for DVDs, I only have DVDR/RWs to use. I made an nLite version of Windows earlier. It was 574.2Mb before. Once I'd finished and removed all the rubbish I didn't want, added RyanVM's pack and my archive of downloaded Windows Updates it had shrunk to 293.26Mb!! :o A reduction of 315.77Mb. :thumbup

I didn't add things like Winamp, VLC, Firefox and Thunderbird though. I just wanted to see what kind of reduction I could get on a basic install of Windows.

I was always going to write the nLite stuff to a DVD anyway.

• 1 month later...