Theme Wizard Update#2

Theme Wizard Update#2

Welcome:

More progress is being made with WPI files. WPI.HTM its now converted over so there is only the need for the one wpi.htm file.

But there can still be more. Now you have new options

Theme Graphics (Graphics for the WPI.HTM)

( Working)

Theme Layouts (WPI.HTM Files) - Mult layouts

( Working)

Also In Options, you now can get a screenshot of what the graphics look like. (Preview Graphics)

( Working)

and you can now even add a text file and have "Creator:" "Date Created:" and "Description" added so that if you create a theme you can have your name added so that people know you made it.

( Working)

th_16755_themepreview.jpg

Click For Larger Image

New Button added "Edit Theme"

( Working)

th_16731_editbutton.jpg

Click For Larger Image

Added "Edit Theme" Wizard

( Working)

Added tasbs for the Theme wizard

( Working)

th_16744_tabs.jpg

Click For Larger Image

Added "Color Wheel" Selector to each tab. There is a "Color Wheel" on the left side that when mouse is moved over the top it will show the color sample. and if you click once, it will show you the code for that color.

( Working)

th_16715_colorwheel.jpg

Click For Larger Image

Working on ToolTips Tab

( Working some)

th_16749_themeoptions.jpg

Click For Larger Image

Got about half the var's for ToolTip made. (Can Save and Load, But not intergrated into WPI yet.)

( Working)

I have now got alot of error checking done when entering color code.

(Thanks for the help sadicq) ( Working)

If you now click on a color input box border changes to show which box is active.

( Working)

also if you then enter an incorrect color code it will notify you and highlight the box with a light red.

( Working)

Also if you click on color input box and then click on the "color wheel" it will update that color input box. but if you also hold down the mouse, you can fine tune the color.

( Working)

Any change to the data in each section will update a preview box.

( Working)

th_16737_screenshot.jpg

Click For Larger Image

Many more features to come. (trying to make as user frendly as possible)

My goal: To make a wizard that everyone will want to use, beacuse of its ease.

Note: This is not in any version of WPI yet. (But Soon)

Yes. This is getting cooler every day.

- almulder

This has been a important anouncement provided by: WPI

Support you coders.

Edited by almulder

Well, if I were you, I wouldn't have alerted the user using an "alert" window. The control flashing is enough for most of the users. I've put that line just to show you that is working. You can easily comment it out with // or simply remove it.

I was trying to get a cross-browser color-selector to work as a value in a form (using multiple colors: background and foreground), and I never did get it working. I was trying last night. Does that color selector work in multiple browsers? The one I have right now works in IE, Firefox, and Mozilla, but it just doesn't look right in IE. I have to do some more modifying to make it exactly how I want it. Anyway, just wondering if that color-selector will be of use to me, and if so, may I use it?

Also, as an alternative to the alert, you can just document.write something along the lines of

<span style="line-height: 12px; width: 100%; background: #f00; color: #fff; font-weight: 900;">Sorry, [variablehere], is not recognized as a proper color.</span>

Edit: Here's the color-selector I was trying to use. I just couldn't get it to work with multiple menus. It might be useful to you guys, though.

http://www.daltonlp.com/daltonlp.cgi?item_...amp;item_id=174 (in IE, you could change the cursor to the little dropper a la Photoshop)

Edited by Dumpy Dooby

the one I am using works in each tab, but that is beacuse I have one in each tab, not one for all. That color selector you found was original the one I wanted to add into WPI but just could not get it to work right eather, so I went with the color wheel instead, It does what it needs to and that is give a user the option on having codes at there fingertips not all colors avalable but hay dont be picky I say.

Here is where I got the color wheel

http://javascript.internet.com/page-detail...olor-wheel.html

hope that helps you out.

One day I might try and add the better one, but for now no go.

Edit: Just got looking at his new version, as it has been almost a year since I last looked at it. I just might try to fix it now. I will let you know.

Edited by almulder