Wiring etc... in case

hougtimo

Hi,

I have built a few computers over the last few months. But what I want to know, is there a correct way to wire all the components up. I mean, I have no trouble getting everything plugged in and stuff, I just want to know if it is ok if it looks messy or whether there is a certain way to do it.

Thanks

HougTimo

its best to keep the cables as neat as possible, if your using old IDE ribbon cables i would suggest you go out and buy some round IDE cables as it will greatly increase airflow and allow for a cooler system. apart from that there isnt really much else.

-unplug the psu connectors from everthing and pull the wires out of the case so they are not in the way

-try to plan out a wiring route, trying to hide wires as best as u can to protect your airflow

-go ahead with that wiring and use lots of zip ties to keep it neat

this is mine,,ive speant alot of time organizing it:

http://img435.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1...kcloseup8eg.jpg

10027515at.md.jpg

this is what i did: since i only have 1 ide drive (the dvd-writer) and the floppy drive i got rounded cables for them. then i used insulating tape to wrap all the power cables coming out of the power supply and those running to the fans. having done that, i tried to hide them as good as possible inside the case and clear as much space as possible. keep them together, don't leave them spread around inside the case! leave as much space as possible over the motherboard (run the cables around it). and before all that plan the routes of the cables. good luck.

PS my 2 cents...

Edited by nitroshift

At certain things, I'm a neat-freak. My C: drive for instance. (NO Clutter there)

But, I'm in and out of my PC so often and changing things around that using cable looms and tape would be a total disaster to me.

Garbage bag ties are about as fussy as I get. Just keep the cables out of the fans and everything will be OK!

Thanks for an interesting thread. :thumbup

B)

Ripken,,,, a very neat looking PC!