Where have all the Fred files gone?

Squeeto

Where have all the Fred files gone? (Sung to the tune of ...)

It seems that (for me) FDVFILES shell.in_ is being reduced. I no longer see rasphone, mru_kill, calculator, etc. The files do end up in system32 but not their menu links (shortcuts).

There are a lot of references to shell.in_ in the latest reducer set; can you give me a hint?

BTW, does anybody actually use rasphone except Oleg? Seriously.

It seems that (for me) FDVFILES shell.in_ is being reduced. I no longer see rasphone, mru_kill, calculator, etc. The files do end up in system32 but not their menu links (shortcuts).

There are a lot of references to shell.in_ in the latest reducer set; can you give me a hint?

Do you use HFCLEANUP?
BTW, does anybody actually use rasphone except Oleg? Seriously.
There are still TONS of dialup users out there. They may not be the majority anymore but it wouldn't surprise me if they still are. They still outnumbered us lucky broadband users last time I did a little research (2 years ago).

There are still TONS of dialup users out there.

I had dialup at one time but I don't remember using rasphone. Probably something like Bitware. So rasphone is one of those awesome M$ apps to keep?

Actually we don't even have a phone line anymore. Too many :realmad: ing calls at dinner asking for money. We have 2 cell phones and if we start getting calls at dinner on our dimes.... :evenmadder:

Just a little bored today. First chance to try out that little red face without the kid :P:P

Edited by Squeeto

Probably should mention that the W2k install pauses to ask me for a few missing files now as well. Figured that this was probably due to the new hfcleanup.zip and I would get to it later.

MAPIMIG.CAT

DTCSETUP.CAT

FP4.CAT

IMS.CAT

A little reading shows Oleg removing these in December. Funny I am getting these messages now.

Squeet - There's two zips to get for cleaning up w2k. I don't get any copy errors (or any others) during installation when doing hfcleanup with that fileset.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering, if you have your dialup settings the way you like it, create a copy of this file:

"%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections\Pbk\rasphone.pbk"

Place this file back in it's happy home during installation and create a shortcut to it on your desktop. Works for 2k and xp.

Post has been up long enough to make me think that this is an isolated case. The last time I had quirky results (in a usually solid HFSLIP, etc) was due to the mass of crap I am constantly downloading and trying. The fix was to reinstall W2k and just retry HFSLIP.

... a Zciweisakul memory allocator for Win32, Oh I just gotta try that :D

i keep fixing it in quotes and original posts, but i must be mssing some...

http://www.vorck.com/data/hfcleanup_2kextra.zip

when i said the link was fixed, i meant the link on my page. i don't keep data files in the root, but in /data.

so... is this issue fixed now? i still havent tested it. i am in the middle of moving and for now have non-nerd stuff to do (and i dont like not being able to devote time to my nerd stuff :P