Install Issues with Net Framework v2

mystek

I have tried several switchless installers for installing the Net framework v2 and have the same failure every time.

The installer is located in the HFSVCPACK folder along with Acrobat Reader 7.0.7, reg file, WinRAR SFX archive and everything else installs just fine. At about T-13 the programs kick off and I can watch them install until dotnet2.exe. Everything looks to be going fine, extraction, install, until it is almost done, then I watch it roll back the install and the other installs continue.

Event Type: Error

Event Source: MsiInstaller

Event Category: None

Event ID: 11406

Date: 6/1/2006

Time: 9:53:07 PM

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer: DEEPDEV-001

Description:

Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 -- Error 1406.Could not write value DW0200 to key \Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW\Installed. System error . Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

The odd part is the key referenced does not exist to start with. (DW\Installed)

Do I need v1.1 installed first or does anyone have any suggestions?

By the way, I have tried this on a Corporate and Retail version of XP Pro, both legit.

Edited by mystek

hi!

in case you'd be using nLite to reduce the source or create the ISO eventually, you can use the dotnet2 framework nLite addon (from nLite site) ...

i've tried other dotnet2 "switchless" installers too but not 1 worked ... the 1 above did (i suppose) as i do not need to install dotnet framework 2 anymore for the apps that demand it ...

hope this helps

I've tried 3 switchless .net2.0 installers, and every single one of them worked. :blink:

Then I tried the same ones on an XP disk, and not one of them worked. No idea why, but they just seem to work for my Win2k installs. :lol:

@Tomcat76: If HFSLIP would be able to detect RyanVM's dotnet 2 installer (dotnet2.exe), maybe you could get it to add this information.
I made an INF file to replace the REG ADD and REG DELETE stuff to make it Win2K-compatible. At this point, I only need to know if INF files can be installed from SVCPACK.INF or not. If not, I'll have to do it from HFSLIP.CMD.

Nothing, then. :D

EDIT:

Ah, wait a second. I dissected the EXE and it will only work on WinXP/2K3. I hate it when they fail to mention that.

So you can expect a patch from HFSLIP anyway. :yes:

Edited by Tomcat76

Aserone's. It has the fix built-in that was mentioned on Stebner's blog site which relies on REG.EXE. That file doesn't come stock with Windows 2000.

Anyway... Check the Test releases thread in a few secs... :)

Tried the test release HFSLIP_60603a on WinXP Pro with dotnet2.exe in the HF folder and it failed with the same error. Have been trying to get to the link Super-Magician posted to try Aserone's installer, but the site must be too busy to connect, server keeps resetting. Any new developments? By the way, really appreciate the work you are doing.

Tomcat only implemented a fix that is to work on Win2K. Technically, it wasn't supposed to be supported by XP and 2003 because of Aserone's installer. Whoops!

mystek: I tried about an hour ago and the link was fine. Now I also can't connect to it. Will try to post another (direct) link to his.

Edited by Super-Magician

Tomcat only implemented a fix that is to work on Win2K. Technically, it wasn't supposed to be supported by XP and 2003 because of Aserone's installer.
Uh, what? No... Not at all. The fix is intended for every OS version. All I said was that I only tested it on 2K.