WPI Config Lister?

Got a question about the WPI Config Lister.

Never tryed to use it before, not sure what it was so I thought I would give it a try.

It says "Possibly corrupted config.js Cannot Continue."

Tryed with someone elses config.js file and it created a "config.txt" but it was blank.

What is this program? Does it work?

As far as I know, it works or at least it used to work for the previous version.

it is supposed to open your config.js, read all the info in it and then output to config.txt only the name and the install order number of each entry.

This is useful when you have duplicate order numbers.

Example:

5		Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0
6 Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4
10 Winamp 5.21 Lite
15 Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0.7
20 Ascentive Library Files
25 7-Zip 4.42
30 Autoit 3.1.1.123 Beta

LOL, the error is shown because at least one of your order numbers is not numeric (it contains alphanumerical chars, maybe?)

Post your config and I'll look into it.

Edited by sadicq

i'll try to look at it in this afternoon, but what exactly is the problem? i mean, is any major change in the config creating process I should now about before3 trying this? (I'm interested only in the entry's name and the entry's order number which used not to be enclosed in quotes).

The config has not been altered by me in any way. EXCEPT I ensure that every line now ends in a semi-colon ( ; ). They never used to. In my book that is bad programming and could potentially lead to a slew of headaches if something in there gets messed up.

The problem I have with config lister is that it only makes a list of items that have an actual ordr=[] flag set for it. If no ordr specified, does nothing. I have no order flags set in my config, so the lister exports nothing. I install by category, drivers first, then no real importance of order for the rest.

If no order specified, put an X there or something:

1 .dot net framework

X wireless mouse/keyboard driver

10 SpyBot

11 SpywareBlaster

X Joe Schmo

X Mary Schmo

X Other sruff

1000 PaintShop Pro

1001 PhotoFiltre

X Effects Stuff

That way everything gets listed.

Ok. I'll try to do this. Its initial purpose was finding duplicate order numer items, but it's nice that people use it for simply listing the config.

Edited by sadicq

• 1 month later...

here it is the new version with an X for missing order numbers. Thanks for this great idea. I find it very useful myself.

Right now I'm having to use my spreadsheet file that i use to organise what's on my boot DVD. I saw that the Config Lister existed and my heart leaped! (well only a little but it did move). What a great idea.

But alas, its no use to me. This is why:

1) my output file lists the Apps with no Order number assigned first, and in reverse alphabetical order, which is strange because it installs the other way. After the apps with no Order number, then come the ones that do have it.

2) The list isn't formatted very usefully. Yes we can see the big list, but if we didn't want all the extra space and the X before each title, we have to get rid of it ourselves which means other solutions are better.

The answer is to create 3 or 4 versions of the list within the same file. Leave whatever code is already in place, and just add more routines that offer different formatting with gaps in between each list. The user can just delete the lists they don't need.