Imageshack now sucks!

RJARRRPCGP

Imageshack.us just turned into a jerk-ran web site!! :realmad:

Imageshack.us sucks, because it randomly deleted or shrunk images that I uploaded for no apparent reason!!

I just checked the TOS and nothing I could find talks about automatically deleting images after inactivity.

I also started getting pop-ups. I started getting pop-ups that apparently circumvent Mozilla Firefox's pop-up blocker!! :realmad:

imageshack has sucked for along time,

http://xs.to/

far better.

But it appeared to suddenly get worse. I didn't recall getting pop-ups before, especially there being a pop-up that actually seems to be triggered everytime I close the browser window with imageshack.us in the browser window.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Keep your scripting off and use Proxomitron to kill all the ad crap.

Haven't had any problems with imageshack.us yet... though I think I'll try the xs.to mentioned above :)

As a member of the SomethingAwful forums, I can tell you why ImageShack sucks... one of the lead guys, who goes by the name "Macbeth", decided to ban any referring links from forums.somethingawful.com, which meant that thousands of images went missing over the last weekend... The forums admin and he reached an understanding, which led to all those missing images being copied onto SA's image server, and all the links had to be reset to point to SA's server.

Since then, some members have started up a distributed image hosting system, which is currently in the alpha stage, which will offer free image hosting for the SomethingAwful forums in the future....

As for imageshack, they've gone downhill, and the amount of marketing that occurred on SA for it has been astronomical - Macbeth kept using the forum's IMG/URL BBCode tags to promote his website... which isn't normally a problem, except when THOUSANDS OF IMAGES point to the same URL.

• 2 weeks later...
Imageshack.us sucks, because it randomly deleted or shrunk images that I uploaded for no apparent reason!!

You uploaded images for no apparent reason ??? :w00t:

Just joking! ;)

jaclaz

just buy some hosting space, its pretty cheap anyway

mine is £17.99 a year and £3 for domain name

i get 10GB space and 100GB transfer a month, and unlimited email addresses, sql, php etc etc, ulimited everything (bar space + bandwidth)

http://www.qiq.co.uk/technology1.php

-i use either filezilla or fireftp to upload things, both which run off my usbstick so its easy to upload from anywhere :)

and their servers are bombing fast

-maxes out my 10mb ntl connection