Windows Media Player 11 Beta

pardhu

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Installed it, didn't like it. I had to reimage my machine because the uninstall option wasn't even available, didn't even appear in the Add/Remove programs section.

Didn't like it because they got rid of the full track duration at the side of the right hand corner, which was stupid.

And when viewed in full screen mode, how WMP 10 had the minimize, maximize and close button, they got rid of that too. Very disappointed with that.

I expect to see these features back in future builds, hopefully.

I agree with you. I would like to stay with version 10. I got many prolems with playing online streaming media when trying version 11. It does NOT support all recent protocols so I could not view some live TVs with WMP 11 anymore. I think Microsoft should do more tests and fix this problem.

Edited by pleikey

just wanna added one more problem with media11 beta 2...

watching karaoke vcd cannot turn off the vocal... same as watching 2 language vcd... cannot change the sound L/L L/R R/R...

as same as u say... web tv cannot go full screen and some bugs make video becoming wide screen mode some times....

maybe microsoft programmer are here reading ... lol

someone go bored the microsoft.... dun wait till beta 3 comes out with same problem here....i want use new interface that looks cool

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, using WMP11 beta 2 here.

I have a question about crossfading tracks.

It works fine when playing lists track after track, but i'd like to have the ability when i simply double click another track it should fade into the prior one. For now all i get is a rough break.

Is there another way to fade when doubleclicking?

If not than thats a feature request ; )

Question 2 is a minor point.

When in artist view and there's more than one album for an artist, you'll see a certain top album cover only and the others in the background.

How do i change what _I_ want to be that top cover?

Thanks and sorry for my english

Floyder

Love the new WMP 11 but have some questions. I am trying to update my library with WMP. I really like how it trys and put all the songs from the same Album together. On the left side of the songs some of the cover art is there and some isnt. I have been right clicking on the song and clicking find album info. It will usually find the song and it has the cover art to go with it when I lick finish it updates the song info along with the album info but does not put the cover art with the album. Now some of my song already have the cover art next to the album. The albums that dont have the cover art with them, where it should go it says paste cover art here. Does anyone know how to get the cover art to display there when it finds the album info from the internet? Id really appreciate it!

I do that manually.

eg. search for the required cover at Google Images.

Download it and save as "folder.jpg" in the albums folder.

I usually look for 500x500pix or something images.

This way u have a much better quality than the ~100x100 WMP downloads.

Be careful, the "folder.jpg" WMP downloads is hidden!

Well see the only problem is I dont have the songs in seperate folders. They are all in one big folder. WMP just sorts them when I use the program. I do have cd's that I ripped in seperate folders and they all have the cover art with the folder but Im talking about just my mp3 library that I have downloaded. When I use WMP some of the albums have the cover art with them and I didnt put it in there. Anyone have any idea?

Hello everyone,

I'm having a small problem with media player 11 beta. Whenever I put in an audio cd, I can't c the track names in the now playing playlist. I was using media player 10 before this and I could c the track names in that. I wasn't able to figure out what to do about it. All I see is ...Track1, Track2...and so on.

Kindly suggest if something can be done about this.

thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I have installed Darwin Streaming Server and the main objective is to view the .sdp file in windows media player 11 generated by wirecast broadcaster which

is a live video broadcast .

By right window media player doesn`t support the playing of mpeg4 format. i installed a few codecs and get WMP to play mpeg4 files to play successfully.

While playing live broadcast which is in mpeg4 format,it manage to play but appears to be black screen all along.Both Quicktime and Real player manage to

play the file.

anyone knows what should i do to resolve this problem or any settings should be done?