Super Windows XP SP1 CD (Post 2)

use XCOPY to copy all your favourite fonts to the C:\Windows\Fonts\ folder

XCOPY /Q %systemdrive%\install\fonts %systemroot%\Fonts

Yes, MS should include Net Framework 1.1 in their next Service Pack for Windows XP hopefully.

OK, and lets say, I didn't want to include the Owner's name, the organization's name, product key, and admin password, how could I do this in the deployment tools?

Oh yea, and will all the recommended updates be included in SP2, or only the critical ones?

Im pretty sure Microsoft only throws the critical updates into the service packages, and asks you to download the recommended updates separatly. But I assume you'll be able to download and install the recommended updates the same way you do with the hotfixes, so your unattended install with recommended updates shouldnt be a problem.

Alright pepole, ma 1st post here, jist to say ive been watching this unattended xp setup for a few weeks now, and also just completed my own build, total respect goes out tae Aaron xp for helping a massive amount of people. Thanx guys ur great :)

Does any body knows how to add a system enviroment like PATH or JAVA_HOME automatically into Windows 2000/XP ?!

and which registry key makes some files can be opend by click right mouse button ?!

you know, I do not means using SendTO folder !

hmm...

windows 2000/xp seems not to keep those enviroment variables using SET command after reboot ?!

I should like those enviroment variables keeps/shows while right click My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> enviroments ...

How does these Install Application set enviroment variables automatically ?

I found how to keep/set new system environment...

modify Regsitry like follows

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]"JAVA_HOME"="C:\\J2SDK1.4.1"

And the mothod to modify an exist system environment should write a vbasic script as follow,

But I do not sure it can works !

strComputer = "."

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _

& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set PathVariables = objWMIService.ExecQuery( "Select * from Win32_Environment where " & _

"Name = 'Path' and Username='<system>'" )

For Each EnvVar in PathVariables

EnvVar.VariableValue = EnvVar.VariableValue & ";C:\J2sdk1.4.2\BIN"

EnvVar.Put_

Next

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old thread, but it came up whilst I was searching these forums, and I noticed a mistake in the original thread.

Folders located within $OEM$\$1\ are not copied over when the Start Menu is being configured, but rather, are copied during the initial text based part of the XP installation process (right after all the files are copied from the i386 directory as a matter of fact).

Sit down and watch it :)