Computer Case?

vegettoxp

I'd say go for it. I've seen a lot of Thermaltakes at the tech shop and they all look pretty cool. Most cases nowadays have the front and rear fans for good ventilation. I have air filters on mine and let me tell you, you *need* air filters. Mine have collected all the cat hair and dust and there is very very little to no dust inside my case. The air filters are also easy to clean, just take them outside and use compressed air or blow on them.

I have several critera for a case that does not include bright colors, glitz or glitter.

Bubble lights on the front corners just don't turn me on. :no:

The case must be DEEP from front to back to properly accommodate Long CD drives and full sized mobos.

Then the case must have a set of HD bays that go all the way from the FD to the bottom of the case.

USB ports on the front and not the side or top are also a must.

PSU? NO stock case has a PSU to suit me so I don't even worry about that.

I just bought one yesterday (for a very decent $29) that has only a 350w supply in it. NO biggie!

I'll be putting in a conservatively rated 580w anyway. I'm building this system to go into the office of a good friend of mine. Simple looks and funtionallity are important here...not glitz or glitter.

This will make the third system I've built for him.

The case also has room for three extra case fans. Two are already installed.

It's a "Foxconn TLA-436"

Click for picture.

It really fills all my criteria. Four 5.25" bays, 2x3.5" FD bays, 4x3.5" HD Bays. Two case fans already installed. Two USB ports and a speaker and mic port on the front panel.

And best of all, I got it for only $29. That makes it just fabulous!

A case is really only a framework to hold your Stuff....it's really the Stuff that's important.

Happy Computing,

Andromeda43

gegettoxp, that case looks nice, but its not exactly my tasted in a case. its nice and all, but too flashy for me.

andromeda34, that case looks a lot like the one i was looking at at plug'n'play (local computer place near me www.yesplay.com) and it was between that one and the one i did get that i was going to buy. the only reson i didnt get that one was because the one they had was a floor model and the one i got was new. so rather than save 10 bucks but have scratches on my case i just got the one i have now. not bad though, i payed 60 dollars for that one, along with a burner i got for 50.

I'm more of a simple person when it comes to cases. i dont want to have to much on the case because then there comes the issue of something failing. i prefer to keep it simple with just a power LED and switch, reset button and hdd light. and front usb is really nice so is the audio ports out the front. very good idea IMO.

-brian

Hey brian10161, thx for your opinion on the case. I guess you don't really like cases that have extra stuff on the. Me on the other hand like this extra Mod Cases. Like I said before. I have a X-Blade case right now and it is really full of extra mod on it. But I really like the Thermaltake Case!

Thx Again!