17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is The Best?

• AMD Athlon™ 64 FX
    • AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core
    • AMD Athlon™ 64
    • AMD Opteron™
    • Dual-Core AMD Opteron™

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core

But i have a Intel P4 3.2Ghz With HT @ 800Fsb works good for doing editing, photoshop, music, Movies, Little gaming but not like BF 2 Or Doom 3 or something like that.

If i was going to to do all that whats your saying then i would go with the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core

Edited by computerMan

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core

But i have a Intel P4 3.2Ghz With HT @ 800Fsb works good for doing editing, photoshop, music, Movies, Little gaming but not like BF 2 Or Doom 3 or something like that.

If i was going to to do all that whats your saying then i would go with the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core

well all i have to say is that the X2 should be taken off of this list. also the athlon 64.

the operons have definetly taken over the s939 boards. they have twice as much cache and overclock much much more. i know the dual core opterons are expected to hit 2.6 on air. there is a hugh thread over at XS on people overclocks with dual core opterons and they are just crazy.

If cash is not the deal then Dual-Core AMD Opteron™, but eeuhmm, performance / price the Sempron64 is the best ;)

that is true im using sempron in my server system it can handle anything i can throw at it!!!

Dual core 165 (or 170 if you have cash) opteron with these steppings http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96900 Pair it up with new dfi 3200 mobo and some nice 2gb memory kit that would do ddr500 with pretty tight timings. It's a nice thing to have a 3.0Ghz+ dual core on air with very tight, balanced memory latencies.