Plug and Play monitor ?

Everytime i run my unattended setup windows wants a data location to install the monitor. The strangest thing is that doesnt even need to point to anywher specific all i have to do is to tell it to let windows install automaticly and then it installs perfectly fine. I am trying to get rid of the prompt so that my cd will be fully unattended anyon know why windows is prompting me to install the monitor??

• 4 months later...

I think you need to install a hotfix for the monitor thing.

It's KB883667.

Windows XP Setup program may stop responding during video driver installation

setup program has not stopped responding.

It's a moniotr driver (LG) not a video/grx driver (nVidia).

Could it be that the monitor driver is unsigned? What did you set the DriverSigningPolicy to?

DriverSigningPolicy=ignore

nonDriverSigningPolicy=ignore

the driver is signed (it has a .cat)

post-107768-1158421022_thumb.jpg

Edited by the_doc735

• 2 months later...

I also get this on a IBM ThinkCentre M55, it wants a Plug and Play monitor driver 3 times.

I just click Next and it installs without problems.

But it breaks the meaning with an unattended setup.

Was any one able to fix this ?

Unless you're using an inbox driver (in which case this is wierd), providing a 3rd party video driver to install during setup can cause this behavior if they're checking for connected monitors during their install routine. This behavior is fine during a running Windows session, but because we're not totally installed when this happens during the setup routine, you get these prompts. If you remove your video driver from your setup routine (and thus install the base VGA or inbox video driver for your video card), the problem will likely go away. And there's not much you can do to fix it either, as it's a driver issue.

Last year I have this problem with usb mouse & keyboard and other standard peripheals ... To fix that I have deleted INFCACHE.1 and all *.pnf from C:\windows\inf , sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't work .. Try it , these files is just mecanism to speedup detection ...

Have you used nLite and/or BTS drivers packs ?