HFSLIP MDAC 2.8 Service Pack 1 for W2k?

Bugs Bunny

I've been reading trough the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-014 and found out that there are different MDAC versions for W2k.

I've found this:

MDAC Component Checker

Component Checker

I used the component checker to find out the mdac version that runs on my w2k.

There:

MDAC Update for W2k

I've found an update to MDAC 2.8 Service Pack 1 for w2k

Now my question is if it would be possible to hfslip this mdac update into w2k including the appropriate

KB911562?

Edited by Bugs Bunny

Be careful what you wish for with the newest mdac_typ. It has lots of extras that aren't part of the original 2k build. I'm not exactly sure why it is needed, my PC works fine with only 3 out of the 80 or so files.

It also says 2.8 SP1 on XP is installed with SP2 and can't be installed otherwise.

Installed with Windows XP SP2, otherwise cannot be installed

I made some more tests and I have to apologize, MDAC 2.8SP1 won't install on XPSP1 even with MDAC 2.8. Also, the two installation files are approximately of the same size.

Sorry.

While installing MDAC 2.8 I read it installed some files for SQL Server. Moreover, SQL Server 2000 SP4 ships MDAC 2.8 SP1. If HFSlip slipstreams this, it would be nice not to slipstream those files (maybe with renaming it to MDAC_TYP_nosql.exe)

I've been reading trough the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-014 and found out that there are different MDAC versions for W2k.

I've found this:

MDAC Component Checker

Component Checker

I used the component checker to find out the mdac version that runs on my w2k.

There:

MDAC Update for W2k

I've found an update to MDAC 2.8 Service Pack 1 for w2k

Now my question is if it would be possible to hfslip this mdac update into w2k including the appropriate

KB911562?

When trying to install this update over MDAC 2.8 (not SP1), I get

"0.688: FileVersion of C:\Programs\Common\System\MSADC\msadco.dll is Greater or Equal To 2.72.0.0"

But I don't know what other files are included in KB911562.

Also, will HFSlip let me slipstream MDAC 2.8 SP1 into XP SP1a (which is not allowed with normal hotfixes)

Super-Magician:

yes its possible! i did it :)

but it looks like you ignore my reply #8..

so Tomcat76 dont say its not possible. maybe not possible with hfslip but i integrated it into w2k and this little tool which Bugs Bunny found, too detects mdac 2.8 sp1 ;)