mkisofs - MAKEISO - Creating ISO file

Kramy

Most of you probably know I've been using nLite until now. Yesterday I started messing with mkisofs.exe to build the ISO, but it kept spitting out error messages.

Here's a couple changes...

IF "%AHTEST%"=="HFDRV" SET HFDRVSOLO=1

IF "%AHTEST%"=="hfdrv" SET HFDRVSOLO=1

IF "%AHTEST%"=="MAKEISO" CALL :MKISOFS & pause & exit

IF "%AHTEST%"=="makeiso" CALL :MKISOFS & pause & exit

IF "!HFDRVSOLO!"=="1" CALL :HFDRV & CALL :MKISOFS & pause & exit

IF "!DIAGNOSTIC!"=="1" SET CompressionMemory=21 & CALL :FOLDERPREP & CALL :CABEXPAND2 & CALL :HFCLEANUP & CALL :CABCOMPACT & CALL :MKISOFS & RD/Q/S WORK & pause & exit

IF NOT "%AHTEST%"=="I HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS" IF NOT "%AHTEST%"=="I have read the instructions" IF NOT "%AHTEST%"=="i have read the instructions" ECHO Read them NOW & Pause & Exit

:MKISOFS doesn't exist anymore. :lol: Can probably delete that bolded stuff.

REM ===================MAKEISO============================================================

:MAKEISO

IF EXIST HFTOOLS\BOOT.IMG IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN REN HFTOOLS\BOOT.IMG BOOT.BIN

IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN IF EXIST HFTOOLS\BBIE.EXE CALL :GETBOOTBIN

IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN GOTO EOF

SET SOURCE=SOURCESS

IF NOT DEFINED ISONAME SET ISONAME=WINLite.ISO

IF NOT DEFINED ISOTITLE SET ISOTITLE=HFSLIPCD

IF NOT DEFINED CDIMGSW SET CDIMGSW=-h -j1 -m

IF NOT DEFINED MKISSW SET MKISSW=-relaxed-filenames -d -D -N -J -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4

TITLE %T1% - Creating ISO Image

ECHO.

ECHO Creating ISO...

IF "%CDIMG%"=="1" HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE -l"%ISOTITLE%" %CDIMGSW% -bHFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN %SOURCE% "%ISONAME%"

IF "%MKISS%"=="1" (

COPY HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN SOURCESS

HFTOOLS\mkisofs.exe %MKISSW% -b BOOT.BIN -o "%ISONAME%" -V "%ISOTITLE%" %SOURCE%

DEL/Q/F SOURCESS\BOOT.BIN

)

ECHO.

ECHO Your ISO is here: %PREP%%ISONAME%

ECHO.

GOTO EOF

REM ======================================================================================

The bold indicates the case sensitivity problem on my system(before some BOOT.BIN references were uppercase, and other boot.bin references were lowercase). Last I checked my computer didn't generate short fs names either though, so it may just be me. :wacko:

Anyway, to make this topic not totally useless...what you need to make your ISO quickly and easily with HFSLIP:

1) Newish HFSLIP version with ISOconf.txt

2) modifyPE.exe in HFTOOLS

3) bbie.exe in HFTOOLS

4) mkisofs.exe in HFTOOLS(I'm using that one and so far my computer is still alive - though it being a new version is probably the cause of the case sensitivity issues)

5) The above :MAKEISO changes(you can open HFSLIP and edit it yourself fine - use Notepad's find feature to locate parts quickly).

6) Your Win2k CD in your CD-Rom, ready to have the boot files extracted near the end of an HFSLIP run.

After that, no more need for the CD - just need mkisofs.exe to remain in there, and probably modifype.exe for other things. You can delete bbie.exe so long as you keep BOOT.BIN around. :thumbup

Just a thought, but maybe the site could be updated with a few of those simple steps?

Edited by Kramy

Kramy, the caller in the beginning that you have in bold is from a very old version of hfslip. I would recommend to grab the latest test version (it works as far as I am concerned). Here's a tip for you, perhaps one day I'll introduce additional features. But, for instance, lets say you finished making your sourcess using hfslip. Then one day you want to replace a file or two. Instead of re-running hfslip entirely, run hfslip and instead of typing in I have read.... type in makeiso instead. The only thing that will happen is that an ISO will be created using the stuff in the sourcess folder. It's a little easter egg. Speaking of which, it's almost easter.

Kramy, the caller in the beginning that you have in bold is from a very old version of hfslip. I would recommend to grab the latest test version (it works as far as I am concerned). Here's a tip for you, perhaps one day I'll introduce additional features. But, for instance, lets say you finished making your sourcess using hfslip. Then one day you want to replace a file or two. Instead of re-running hfslip entirely, run hfslip and instead of typing in I have read.... type in makeiso instead. The only thing that will happen is that an ISO will be created using the stuff in the sourcess folder. It's a little easter egg. Speaking of which, it's almost easter.

That's from the April 1st version(60401). I tried adding in a call to :MAKEISO at the same location, but it failed(likely from missing variables). That's why I said remove, and not change.

I thought you'd be happy to know there's a new mkisofs.exe version out. One that apparently has increased performance, no less. :P

It wasn't supposed to be an April Fool's release, but the April 1st hfslip was buggy, no fooling. :) IIRC, when using the BBIE program, it outputs a lower case filename. The commandline for the mkisofs program is case sensitive. This is HFSLIP's mkisofs commandline is written the way it is. The current version works.