corp vs pro

strider_D_3000

Windows XP Corporate != 64Bit Windows XP

Windows XP Corporate is the common term for the VLE of Windows XP.

Windows XP currently only has one 64Bit edition (for Intel 64Bit cpu's), and I don't think that is even out for RTM yet.

AMD64 Beta's of XP are out and about.

sigh newbie...no

Windows XP 64bit edition has been final for ...uh has to be aronud a year now.....

Second, yes there is 64bit AMD version Beta's, but not final as of yet.

Third, for clearification,

many people consider a version "Windows XP corp" a hacked windows XP edition that does not require activation.

Has nothing ot do with 64bit... Only a "tweaked" edition of xp pro that microsoft released that did not require activation for the time sake of businesses.

Ben

sigh newbie...no

Windows XP 64bit edition has been final for ...uh has to be aronud a year now.....

Second, yes there is 64bit AMD version Beta's, but not final as of yet.

Third, for clearification,

many people consider a version "Windows XP corp" a hacked windows XP edition that does not require activation.

Has nothing ot do with 64bit... Only a "tweaked" edition of xp pro that microsoft released that did not require activation for the time sake of businesses.

Ben

Not exactly true, the part with the "tweaked version of windows xp" this is a version of xp that requires volume licensing keys, not "tweaked keys" the keys used on this version of xp would only work with volume editions of xp, and not any other version eg retail...

Sunil

I actually am not a "newbie" (simply because I've only joined here recently, and happen to use "neophyte" as my nick doesn't make me a computer n00b).

I have been around computers for longer than some people here have been breathing, and know my way around various platforms.

In fact, I've been using Windows XP since before some people knew it existed.

If your post wasn't aimed at me, then ignore the above text.

• 2 months later...

*Sigh*

I've been through this thread twice and still do not grasp the difference between Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Pro Corporate. (Aside from Corporate doesn't require activation)

What you guys are saying is that if I have Windows XP Pro, and then I register it, I now have Windows XP Pro Corporate?

My version says:

Microsoft ® Windows

Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633 : Service Pack 1)

Copyright © 1981-2001 Microsoft Corporation

XP Pro or XP Pro Corporate?