Help me to recover my hard disk

Lazz

I have a 15 GB FAT32 hd with important files, but while making a pc for my son I made a mistake using my hd as his 2nd drive.

So I deleted the partition with PartitionMagic and quick-formated it from within xp as FAT32 before I knew my mistake. The hd is empty and nothing has been written to it.

Is there a way to get my files back, and what program should I use ?

I hope someone can help.

Thanks, Lars

I had the same situation @ work where some of very important documents were deleted by mistake..

I know I've tried with few tools to get it back but I wasn't sucessful, so I turned to one company in Croatia which has most advanced equipment for getting ur data back.. This way they can restore the data that has been 8 times deleted..

I would suggest that you don't touch anything now and try to find one company that can do this for you..

I had the same situation @ work where some of very important documents were deleted by mistake..

I know I've tried with few tools to get it back but I wasn't sucessful, so I turned to one company in Croatia which has most advanced equipment for getting ur data back.. This way they can restore the data that has been 8 times deleted..

I would suggest that you don't touch anything now and try to find one company that can do this for you..

That will cost a lot. Unless you have $10000+ worth of data, it'll be cheaper to find an alternative solution.

Google "data recovery programs" - most of them are not legally free, but even the limited trial versions used repeatedly should work well enough to recover your data... but make an image first! That way you can go back to the previous state if you accidentally do something wrong during the recovery.

A disk editor is also of great help.

That will cost a lot. Unless you have $10000+ worth of data, it'll be cheaper to find an alternative solution.

Not necessarily, he ca always ask what the price should be..

You're right for disk imaging, he can do that and then try everything possilbe as he would always have backup of deleted data (now, how that sounds :blink: )

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I tried the programs you sugested, but they found very little usefull.

So I just have to do some extra work from the start, - and most important:

learn from my stupid mistake.