3rd Party temperature monitors

CrashGate3

Neither my graphics card (a Powercolor X1900XT) nor Mobo (an ABit KN8 Ultra) came with any temperature monitoring software. I've checked the CDs thoroughly and looked on the manufacturers' websites, but I can't find anything.

Are there any 3rd party programs that I can use to check the temperature of my CPU and card?

for your motherboard i do not knonw if mbm is supported but if it is id go with that,

however if it is not then i would go with speedfan

for your graphics card atitool has a tempature moniter in it, i dont know what else does however.

hope i was of assistence.....

• 3 weeks later...

Your graphics card "may" not have a temperature sensor built in, I know when I purchased my X1300 Pro it didn't have a sensor, but when I switched down to a X700 Pro it had a temperature sensor imbedded and also it had software controlable fan speed. (sadly I no longer have either of these cards due to psu failure, back on a 220W psu :( )

For a temperature monitor to work, it requires the installation of temperature pickups called "thermocouples".

Now, if there are none installed in your vid card or mobo, there's no way in this world that you're going to monitor the temp of those things, unless you install the thermocouples yourself and hook them up to a monitor.

My next question....where are they going to be put anyway? On a chip? Maybe Under a chip? On the board?

So much to-do about temperature monitoring and it's a bunch of bull XXXX!

If you can lay your finger on any component in your PC after it's been on for an hour and you get your finger burned, it's too hot. Unless you're a lab tech doing calibrated temperature measurements, the finger test is all you need.

Save your time and money for something more constructive.

Cheers!