MSFN's Official Free Software List

Gouki

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Ashampoo burning studio free 6.7.1.

Free and very complete. Burns cd/dvd/blue ray, audio cd burning and ripping, video-dvd and (s)vcd. Also iso burning/creating. Even includes a back-up utility, all for free. The only thing it doesn't do compared with commercial suites is video encoding, you'll need a ready video-ts folder. But there are tons of other freebies that can do that.

GUI is simple and clear. Not much buttons and options, see it as a Nero Express clone. With the main difference that it doesn't take a few hundred megabytes on your harddrive and doesn't cost +€50,-! (who ever said that Vista is too expensive?)

I tried many free burning softwares, if not all and this is absolutely one of the best.

Download here:

http://www.download.com/Ashampoo-Burning-S...4-10776287.html

• 1 month later...

@Gouki

thats an impressive and very, very useful list you have there. thanks alot for sharing.

though does anyone knows any free bandwidth limiter/controller similar to netlimiter?

Edited by Woomera

• 3 weeks later...

@Gouki

thats an impressive and very useful list you have here: THX for sharing

I think you could add /note the :

FlashGot plugin/extension as a Stand-Alone DL Manager

Its fast, simple interface, multiple file DLoader capable of

grabbing Flash(.flv) video from nearly any page or site

DownThemAll - Maybe added if full DL managing features are needed.

My big quest is to find the equiv. for seamless integration to Win-IE7--anyone?

Edited by StaffnRod

:whistle: I know I am new to the forum... and I can see a lot of effort has gone into the list on the OP... but in all fairness it can (and should) be made a bit more user friendly IMO... why not give a short description of each piece of software (so I can see at a glance the difference and specialty of each) and maybe which OS's it is compatible with... and it should be kept up to date... maybe another user can take over if required...

Any way just my 2c :hello:

• 2 months later...