SP2 Wrong Path

pfunk06

Hi. I'm new to the forum and making my first HFSLIP for XP.

When I start the install with the CD I created I get the following Error message as windows begins to install:

"Please Insert the Disk Labeled Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 into Drive A"

I must have missed something on my setup.

Here is my error log from HFSLIP:

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

ERROR_REPORT.TXT

Thanks. I used HFSLIP trying to follow vorck's tutorial at Http://www.vorck.com/hfslip.html

I haven't figured out how to run the HFnetchk properly yet to complete the help file.

I started with an XP Pro Volume licensed Media then pulled down all the patches.

Had HFSLIP installed as the root of a fresh D:\ hard drive.

After running the HFSLIP I burned the SOURCESS contents to a bootable ISO CD using Nero.

I ran into the problem trying out the disk on a test machine that has a non windows OS currently. Trying to do a full clean install of Win XP Pro

You are being asked for the second CD if you manually add stuff (or force HFSLIP to add stuff) like "filename.exe = 2,,,,,,,1,0,0" into the txtsetup.sif of a Windows XP source. Most often, the "2" is intended for a Win2K install; the equivalent of that for Windows XP and Windows 2003 is "100" but it's better to use "1" which is compatible with 2K, XP and 2003.

"Please Insert the Disk Labeled Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 into Drive A"
Ah, wait... That's most certainly a problem with your custom winnt.sif file...

pfunk06 - I see that you are using a WINNT.SIF file in your setup. Try installing without it.

Tomcat76 - To me, it does not seem as if pfunk06 would be trying to add stuff into txtsetup.sif at this point. Also, his/her error message does not say anything about a second CD.

jaclaz - Ah, I had not realized that. Yes, that could indeed be the case.

Edited by Super-Magician

Does your volume-license media have SP2 slipstreamed? HFSLIP will only work with sources that have SP1 or SP2.

For the HFNETCHK, you would only be able to run that after Windows installs successfully, so never mind about it.

It has SP1. I downloaded and Slipped SP2 per the tutorial in this build.

I used the WINNT.SIF file provided/suggested by Vorck's article.

I didn't add more than a couple of the OEM tools.

For some reason the Installer seems to be looking for the SP2 files on drive A rather than from the new CD.

Edited by pfunk06

Thanks,

I just finsihed Scaning/reading jaclaz' post.

If I get the gist it appears that I need to add the WIN51IP.SP1 file to the Root of my install CD.

I just checked and it's not there.

Not sure Why it didn't get created but I'll folllow his suggestion and give it a try.

You do need the ident file, but not WIN51IP.SP1. You need WIN51IP.SP2 since your installation now has SP2. Windows uses this file, among others, to check the service pack level of your CD.

[attachment removed]

Edited by Super-Magician