[RELEASE] Some Custom Silent Installers

godan

Ever since I started making myself UAXP disks I've been trying to get certain programs to install in a way that I like and silently via RunOnceEx.cmd. Most often I just would do a search in the forum and find that someone had already made an installer to fit my needs but some times I would come up short so I'd have to make my own. So here they are. They are all made with WinRAR so if you have WinRAR you can open them up and make some modifications if you want. They are made the way that I like so if you like them you like them if you don't you don't but I'm not going to make any real changes to them so don't bother asking. Oh and I HATE HATE HATE desktop icons so none of my installers will ever put shortcuts on the desktop... EVER.

Foxit PDF Reader

installs to:\%systemdrive%\Program Files\Foxit\

size:1.08MB

notes:associates with pdf files, not uninstallable from add/remove programs in CP <- I will change this some time soon, I'm just a little lazy.

Alt-Tab PowerToy

installs to:\%SystemRoot%\System32\

size:77.7KB

notes:runs at startup, not uninstallable from add/remove programs in CP

Auto Hide Safely Remove Hardware Icon

installs to:\%SystemRoot%\System32\

size:165KB

notes:places a shortcut to SRH in "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories", runs at startup, It doesn't just do a typical "always hide" but instead REMOVES the icon from that system tray, not uninstallable from add/remove programs in CP

Winamp 2.81 with the Winamp 5.xx Modern Skin

installs to:\%systemdrive%\Program Files\Winamp\

size:653KB

notes:shortcut placed in "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories", only audio support, some other modifications, I use this because it is way way less of a resource hog

AudioGrabber 1.83

installs to:\%systemdrive%\Program Files\AudioGrabber\

size:1.29MB

notes:shortcut placed in "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories", some other minor tweaks to the settings

VirtualDub-MPEG-2 1.6.11

installs to:\%systemdrive%\Program Files\VirtualDub\

size:991KB

notes:shortcut placed in "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"

CCleaner 1.27 Lite (no yahoo crap)

installs to:\%ProgramFiles%\CCleaner\

size:445KB

notes:shortcut placed in "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories", some other tweaks to the settings

Paint.NET 2.6

installs to:\%ProgramFiles%\Paint.NET\

size:3.41MB

notes:shortcut placed in "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories", only support for x86, auto updates off, associates with JPG, BMP, PNG, and TGA

Ad-Aware SE

installs to:\%systemdrive%\Program Files\Ad-Aware\

size:3.41MB

notes:shortcut placed in "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories", definitions file from SE1R97 13.03.2006

Resource Hacker

installs to:\%systemdrive%\Program Files\Resource Hacker\

size:534KB

notes:shortcut placed in "%AllUsersProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories"

ATI Control Panel

installs to:C:\Program Files\ATI Control Panel\ (couldn't use %SystemDrive% or %ProgramFiles% with this installer, sorry)

size:10.2MB

notes:you CAN use ATI classic control panel with the new CATALYST drivers, no tray icon, Hot Key Poller service disabled, no ATIPTA, registration off and other minor tweaks, I use this because it is less of a resource hog

ATI CATALYST Control Center

installs to:%Program Files%\ATI Technologies\ (should be %ProgramFiles%, but I'm not 100% sure how the .msi saves those settings for an admin install)

size:12.2MB

notes:no tray icon, Hot Key Poller service disabled, no ATIPTA, registration off, classic skin and other minor tweaks

Also for some of the installers I use .cmd's to configure them and take care of the add/remove crap and the .cmd's call "cmdow @ /HID" to make them as silent as possible so you may want to have CMDOW.EXE in your system32 directory.

Edited by godan

Why "%SystemDrive%"\Program Files" instead of "%ProgramFiles%"?

hmm... I don't know why, I guess I'll change that if/when I need to rebuild them for some reason; However, if anyone wanted to rebuild them by themselves it really wouldn't be too hard to change the install directory. The .cmd's I use to do the setups are pretty simple, and aside from that all one would have to do is edit the SFX comments.

Edited by godan

• 1 month later...

Would you re-upload Winamp? I got this message when I tried to download it:

File /files/15744415/Winamp.exe.html has been deleted.

Reason: No download for a longer period. Inactivity-timeout exceeded.

Thanks a lot.

• 3 months later...