Drivers Instalation in Post-Install stage (New Method)

MadBoy

Unfortunetly i left the source at my parents home and now getting my sister to send me my projects to mail ;p It's preety hard. Anyways if i remember correctly this line you pasted comes from function for getting Devices P&P redetection. I can modify code a bit and we can try using devcon rescan instead and see what happens. if it works i can add 'option' in .ini file to either use autoit internal code or devcon :P

Will fix soon i guess. Tnx for report. If you wish you can always msg me on MSN (pm for info) or IRC (EFNET), on which i am non-stop (more or less of course), with problems so we can try to fix things on the fly. Keep in mind thou, time diffrence ;P

Edited by MadBoy

For me Hardware 1.0.1 did not work. I have 0.6.7 and it works great. i made a Hardware CD with all of Bashrat's drivers compressed then I run Hardware.exe and it extracts to C:\drivers and 0.6.7 works great. I will try 0.6.8. When I run 1.0.1 I dont get any errors but I also don't get any drivers installed. Here is my config ini:

[iNFO]

Start=Automatic

Drivers_drive=CDROM

Drivers_dir=\

Device_manager=On

Method=RegistryDevicePath

Logging_to_file=Yes

Logging_option=Simple

Drivers_Packed=7zip

Copy_drivers=yes

Copy_where=C:\Drivers

Delete_drivers=No

Create_backup=No

Debug=No

Time_to_start=0

I would like to be a bata tester for your new project. I also would like to figure out an Autoun.inf to ask me to click OK to run hardware.exe.

Thanks. :thumbup

For me to diagnoze where the problem is you need to turn on Debugging option and logging option Advanced. Then i can tell more from log what went wrong and eventually fix it. Unfortunetly 1.01 version is very slow so no no big deal. I'll soon replace the code with new code in it and will see if the speed improved. As for 0.6.8 soon i plan to release 0.7.0 but need report from kickarse and Anamnesis about the fixes if those helped or not :)

As for beta testing, it's of course possible but there is like nothing to test. New version with diffrent approach isn't even near finish so nothing to be done with it realy ;) Except GUI and few nice tricks it isn't usefull. You can always contact me thou on MSN if you like, but i don't think in near future i will have betas ready.

As for the AutoRun.inf well it's posted somewhere here in this thread how to make one. As for MsgBox asking if you want to run it or not, i'm not sure how to make it in AutoRun but i always can code it in my proggy, just don't know why would you need it, and in which mode ?:)

Unfortunetly this tool only works on drivers with problems aka without drivers. The new one i work on with speed of the turtle that also takes lonnnnnnnnnng breaks between coding is supposed to support what you want ;P

• 2 weeks later...

Madboy:

I had a somewhat similar idea to this, but would like to generalize yours a bit to make it more useful, in addition to what you are doing here (which is kind of a subset of my proposal):

It would really be great to have a standalone facility ("Driver Doctor"?) with a simple GUI that you could run to install drivers after an OS install, reinstall a broken driver, check for more recent drivers for one or all devices, etc. (think up your own). As someone who can afford only Trailing Edge stuff (e.g., a Pyro AGP card), this would beat hunting all over the Net for drivers. And be a LOT more convenient. Maybe even a semi-commercial product (are drivers public domain?)

The Driver Packs work great from inside a distro (experience, warezdemon) but would really be fantastic as such a standalone. If I were a better programmer I'd try it myself.

Is there anyone who wants to be a hero and step up to the plate?

Or I could use some help here, and try (shudder) to do it myself, if I can find the time...

@kickarse: it's a yes that there are already programs that exist and do similar things that jravin has proposed but i can't remember single tool that would do all that in automated process that could be used in deployment process...

What jravin wants is to have stadalone app to use one/two computers and there is plenty of that if you realy take time to google on it. What i would like to make is to make such app but for deployment solutions. If i wouldn't be lazy bum i would probably be already half way or even have first betas working on that :) But oh well i am lazy!

jravin: just so you know, it's not near to be an easy project, but eventually someday i'll make such proggy unless someone will do it before me ;P

The problem is that if it's not FREE than people won't touch it if it's not better than what's currently out. I mean there are a load of programs that do just what you describe.

Can you give me a couple of examples? I'm 1) a Newbie here, and 2) curious, and 3) not sure how to Google for such (how would they be described for a search)? Tx!

• 2 weeks later...

Not found Wereles lan controller.

Log.......

[16:53:39] - Detecting Windows version - Windows XP x32

[16:53:39] - Checking for drivers directory existance.

[16:53:40] - Drivers directory (G:\DriverPacks) exist.

[16:53:40] - Detecting number of devices in system.

[16:53:40] - Found 114 devices without any problems.????????????????????????????????????

[16:53:40] - Automatic start used - GoGoGo..

[16:53:40] - All devices have drivers. There's no need to start program.

I and greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat job man!!!! Newbie here so be patient :thumbup :thumbup :rolleyes:

I made an ini file like this:

[iNFO]

Start=Manual

Drivers_drive=CDROM

Drivers_dir=\

Device_manager=On

Method=RegistryDevicePath

Logging_to_file=Yes

Logging_option=Simple

Drivers_Packed=No

Copy_drivers=No

Copy_where=C:\Drivers

Delete_drivers=No

Create_backup=No

Debug=No

Time_to_start=0

what i would like to do with your program is set a cd or dvd with all the Bashrat drivers pack and with your program install all the necessary drivers on various pc...so what i must do? make a cd with all the drivers and your programm and run this on or made others changes?