Sad News Indeed

hes a 100 years old for friks sake. not like it was untimley or anything.

Anyway, whats a guy doing in a position like that at his age? seems only politicians and royalty get to work as long as they like, and never seem afflicted with senility or bad memory like the rest of us get. odd huh?

Or do you think a 100 yr old guy understood the way life is for anyone under the age of 50 in a modern day world?

not to be disrespectful or anything, just i expect most people have no idea who he is, and i just think its like when the Queen mother died and people made it was a shock or something... which it was ----- but only if you where blind and stuck in some timewarp yourself.

Who died? Not being cheeky, but it hasnt been on any news channles or anything here, but I take it it was a very important person :)

He's a senator, similar to someone in position in your House of Lords. He has been a senator longer than anyone else, and yes, dying at 100 is not a shock, but a sitting senator dying while in office sure is.

It sad when anyone dies..

but thurmond's politics werer to anitquated and rigid for me...for crist sake the man supported slavery and segargation.

-Drew

Hopefully it will be the beginning of a new political era. Hate to speak badly of the deceased, but he was to influential with his antiquated policies.