[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

I will start a new topic for Nero 7.7.5.1 Lite when its ready. Too much offtopic talk here :hello:

can't wait for it to come out. i hate the debug.txt issue ;) in the last version (not blaming you, also ahead original installer had it).

thanks.

Do not download the new version 7.7.5.1. Kaspersky detected IM-Worm.Win32.Licat.f virus in the nero installer file.

i just scanned it with kaspersky internet security with up to date virus definitions and nothing came out. i got the installer from the ahead site.

btw, it scanned 5005 files! how bloated a piece of software can be...

Do not download the new version 7.7.5.1. Kaspersky detected IM-Worm.Win32.Licat.f virus in the nero installer file.

Have you ever heard of a false-positive? Are you sure you don't have a prior infection to downloading it that's injecting itself into your files?

btw, it scanned 5005 files! how bloated a piece of software can be...

I believe Kaspersky counts all the files it scans within the executables as well. So if you have 5 EXEs and they each contain 10 source files, Kaspersky will report 50 scanned files.

Five other people in 9down forum also got the same infected file from ahead website. Maybe it was indeed a false positive or ahead re-upload another file which is clean right now. I will try to redownload and rescan the file.

btw..i scanned my computer & found no virus except for the nero installer

sure is a false-posisitive, but get the installer again from ahead site.

I believe Kaspersky counts all the files it scans within the executables as well. So if you have 5 EXEs and they each contain 10 source files, Kaspersky will report 50 scanned files.

yes, sure but i wanted to made a point. making nero really bloated with unuseful features only gets the software more and more bloated.

I re-downloaded the installer & this time kaspersky found nothing (I was using the same virus definition used to scan the infected file). It seemed ahead accidentally uploaded the infected installer & then immediately changed it to a clean one. The MD5 is also different from the infected file.

Edited by skoswara

I have had some trouble installing Nero 7.7.5.1. When I run the installer it took 20 minutes for the Welcome screen to appear :blink:

maybe that was the time it took it to decompress the tons of files. have you re-downloaded again? maybe there was some early problems and they fix the intaller.

I re-downloaded the installer & this time kaspersky found nothing (I was using the same virus definition used to scan the infected file). It seemed ahead accidentally uploaded the infected installer & then immediately changed it to a clean one. The MD5 is also different from the infected file.

extrange that a virus came with it, but its good to know that you got a clean installer like myself.

Will this new lite version still have com surrogate error in Vista? I know you can fix error by lowering merit value of all Nero codecs to 00200000 (do not use) using a directshow filter manager but I would like to know if this is fixed?

I have had some trouble installing Nero 7.7.5.1. When I run the installer it took 20 minutes for the Welcome screen to appear :blink:

maybe that was the time it took it to decompress the tons of files. have you re-downloaded again? maybe there was some early problems and they fix the intaller.

extrange that a virus came with it, but its good to know that you got a clean installer like myself.

Nope, SetupX was running at 90-95% for 20 minutes doing nothing. Unfortunately I'm forced to run it since an Administrative Install will only be created after doing a regular installation, thanks to Ahead. The only thing I can think of that would cause such a delay is lack of disk space on my System Drive (less than 1GB free), but 20 minutes waiting is way too much.

Hello !!! :thumbup

Check This !!!

URL REMOVED

PLEASE DO NOT POST WAREZ HERE - there will be no further notice.

THX its already registered...( better remove that quick )

Only.... why the 2 strange start menu entries , programs and programmy ??

And how do i install this silent or even unattended? :unsure:

Edited by Shark007

Nope, SetupX was running at 90-95% for 20 minutes doing nothing. Unfortunately I'm forced to run it since an Administrative Install will only be created after doing a regular installation, thanks to Ahead. The only thing I can think of that would cause such a delay is lack of disk space on my System Drive (less than 1GB free), but 20 minutes waiting is way too much.

i ran it without delays. im thinking of doing an msi install of nero to see if i can make an installer out of it while you work of the new lite version.

Will this new lite version still have com surrogate error in Vista? I know you can fix error by lowering merit value of all Nero codecs to 00200000 (do not use) using a directshow filter manager but I would like to know if this is fixed?

i havent tried on vista yet. i hope is well gone by now. but not sure.