[RELEASE] Nero 7 Lite / Micro v7.7.5.1

Acheron

Hi,

I get exactly the same errors with 7.7.5.1. When trying to run Nero(Express) on VistaHP, a file called "Advrcntr2" seems to cause trouble. I tried to fix this by copying the file "Advrcntr2.dll" (try Google) into \Windows\System and \Windows\System32 (due to Vista).

But this didn't work for me. When I run Nero in compatibility-mode, the fatal error comes up.

Now I'll try using an older version ...

@spoof, heilmaenner

On which OS did you get this error. Please provide more info :wacko:

I don't know if this works but copying neroinst.db to Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib might work:

NeroInst.zip

Test on Windows Vista with "Nero 7 Lite English Micro Test" please and report back. Thats the whole community idea is about.

Edited by Acheron

Hi, I have downloaded the version Nero-7.7.5.1_english_lite.exe but it gives me the error like as i have seen in previous post from other users. here is the pic

dibujohx5.jpg

i also get the same error ... happens on a fresh install of Windows XP Pro (german)

Hi, I have downloaded the version Nero-7.7.5.1_english_lite.exe but it gives me the error like as i have seen in previous post from other users. here is the pic

dibujohx5.jpg

i also get the same error ... happens on a fresh install of Windows XP Pro (german)

I see the exact same issue and dialog box as above, and offer the following in the hope that it will help you fix it. This is on a clean install of Windows XP, using Norton Ghost to check-point the installation at various stages. I got to the point where I wanted to install Nero. I bought and downloaded a full copy of Nero 7 just for this system. I started to install the full copy of Nero 7. It got to the point where it wanted to install directx 9.0c. Since I already had directx 9.0c installed, I hit cancel at that point. (FYI, I had already entered my key before the directx window came up.) Because I was already frustrated with Nero's bloat (why does it need to install directx anyway?), I got online to look for an answer and found Nero Micro. This seemed like the solution to my issue with the Nero Full's attempt to re-install directx, because Nero Micro would not include directx. It installed like a charm, no problems whatsoever.

For reasons that are not relevant, I decided to go back to my previous check-point using ghost and to re-install Nero Micro. This time I did not attempt to install Nero Full first. I got the same error that everyone has been seeing as shown above. It took me several tries (each time going back to the previous check-point) before I realized that the reason Nero Micro installed with no problems the first time was because I had begun the installation of Nero Full, and cancelled at the directx 9.0c window, before I attempted to install Nero Micro.

So, I think you will get a clean install of Nero Micro (and maybe Nero Lite, which I have not tried) if you first start installing Nero Full, abort at the directx 9.0c window, and then install Nero Micro.

Acheron, maybe this information will help you diagnose the problem. Thank you so much for your work creating Nero Micro and Nero Lite, which I think fill a real need for a lot of people like me, who do not need all extra cruft in Nero Full.

As an additional note, I have seen references to a "debug.txt" file that some people are seeing. I have not seen it created when I did the installation as described above.

Edited by mccauley

@spoof, heilmaenner

I don't know if this works but copying neroinst.db to Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib might work:

NeroInst.zip

Test on Windows Vista with "Nero 7 Lite English Micro Test" please and report back. Thats the whole community idea is about.

Nope. Doesnt work mate. Same error as before . I'm using Vista 32-bit

not working the micro version posted by acheron with the .db file copied.

maybe some files are missing. have you checked which file dependecies nero have? i think there is a program to see them but im not sure what the names is right now. also, some installer editor lile Wise Installation Studio has this ability. i have a copy at work. will see if i can check the full install of nero with it.

NeroInst.zip

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit, as I wrote above ;)

This workaround doesn't work for me. What a pity :(

Tested your Micro test install on fresh Vista Business:

Normal install: error on start

After disabling DEP for Nero: error on start

After copying neroinst.db in Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib: error on start

After applying 7751.reg (by JamesZero): starts OK but burn errors, no succesfull burning

Sorry mate.

After disabling DEP for Nero
No. Disable DEP completely.

--

Login as administrator -

Click Start - All Programs - Accessories - Command Prompt

write bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Enter, Reboot.

--

Sorry, my bad English. I'm Russian :)

Edited by jameszero

After disabling DEP for Nero
No. Disable DEP completely.

--

Login as administrator -

Click Start - All Programs - Accessories - Command Prompt

write bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Enter, Reboot.

Sorry, my bad English. I'm Russian :)

I did that also, plus using advrcntr2.dll files from previous 2 versions.

Burn process always fail.