Stereo speakers and soundcard...

Flash

Im building a comp for someone, will be soon...

Nice system:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AMD Athlon 2500+

Abit KD7-E KT333 USB2.0 + ATA 133

512mb PC2700 DDR

80 GB Maxtor HD

64mb GeForce 4

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Player Retail

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, basics there but what i want to know and what the person who is buying the comp is will his speakers from his normal stereo in his room work as normal speakers for his comp?!

The soundcard is 'Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Player Retail' so if you know that this will work then please tell me, lol. I don't know alot about speakers and their jack points etc and he wants this comp for his music (downloading and playing).

yeah it should work im doing it at the minute u just have to get a lead that runs from the soundcard output, to the the Aux ports in the back of the amp on his stereo.

let me know if u need me to emphasise more on that :)

Yeah I'm going to have the same setup once I get my new PC next month, with a couple of proper speakers (computer speakers are crap!)

But I wouldn't know where to start though! Just heard all I need is an amplifier?

I'd recommend the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 if you have enough money, or if you're on a budget, the Altec Lansing 251. Why have a card that supports surround sound when you only have stereo speakers? I can personally vouch for the Promedias. I scraped up enough cash to do so...whew.

By the way, I have the Audigy 2 Platinum and I love it! The Platinum has an amplified mic input, as well as several others, that goes on the front of your computer. The regular jack on the back has no extra amplification.