HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

This code is a bit different in some aspects than what I suggested,
That's right. I thanked you for the IDEAS in the changelog.
AND... beside that minor formating difference, that you left the spaces in front of the [string] section entries, by not adding that FOR in front of the last FINDSTR, ... which is not an error...
It's intentional. I thought you wanted things to go quicker.
... there is one indicated with red: a missing /R. Though it's much smaller problem than it was before, since this one only just results in four additional entries in the strings section, which is harmless.
I don't see the /R in your code sample. I only see a /VI and it's orange.
EDIT 4: here's the ... more efficent, less... script:

FOR /F "TOKENS=1 DELIMS== " %%I IN ('FINDSTR ",,," SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF') DO ECHO>>WORK\FULLSRC.TXT %%I
FINDSTR /I /B /R "[^=]\." SOURCE\I386\DRVINDEX.INF>>WORK\FULLSRC.TXT

The first line is useless because it doesn't strip the tabs. If I try your code on an XPSP2 source, the following files are considered "new" if they appear in a hotfix:

wuau.chm

noise.chs

noise.cht

The only thing I can (and will) do is merge the first two lines of the existing code. I normally even do that, but I was using the temporary file at some time and forgot to update the code when it was no longer necessary.

The second line in your code is garbage: the resulting file is empty (0KB). I tried various alterations but nothing worked except the existing code. Also, I need the temporary file DRV.TXT for the processing of SPX.CAB and DRIVER.CAB.

Edited by Tomcat76

Hi Tomcat, I've tested the latest version of the script, but there is one bug (maybe, I hope it's a bug or I'll become crazy :P). I have slipstreamed Net packages version 1.1 and 2.0 in HFSVCPACK, and 3.0 in HFGUIRUNONCE.

When Windows installation comes to T-13, it installs all the net packages, instead of installing version 3.0 at first logon. Is it only a my problem or someone else has this issue?

This issue isn't present in version hfslip-70129b

Edited by S3pHiroTh

It's intentional. I thought you wanted things to go quicker.

I agree. It does not effect anything.

I don't see the /R in your code sample. I only see a /VI and it's orange.

I wanted to color it red... now I changed it :) by the way /R is not in that sample because it's the original, not the corrected one. coloring supposed to indicate the place where it should have been.

The first line is useless because it doesn't strip the tabs.

I don't understand what do you mean by that. It works for me on w2k, both during HFSLIP process, and if I just run this command from commandline. I attached FULLSRC_TXTonly.TXT. Seems like it does the job correctly to me.

The second line in your code is garbage: the resulting file is empty (0KB).

Sorry I mistyped it:

FINDSTR /I /B /R "[^=]*\." SOURCE\I386\DRVINDEX.INF>>WORK\FULLSRC.TXT

(red is the color)

NOTE: also attached the file to prove that it works for me at least on 2000. with the above script of course

Also, I need the temporary file DRV.TXT for the processing of SPX.CAB and DRIVER.CAB.

Sorry for that too. I removed the multicab feature so I didn't recognise the dependency.

A question: a few lines below there is a line of code like this:

FINDSTR/IR "\.AX \.ACM \.OCX msxml..dll" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT>>WORK\NSFREG0.TXT

My question is that msxml..dll is what you intended to write? I during HFSLIP process I recognised that there are msxml3.dll and msxml3r.dll in as new binaries. This way only msxml3.dll is processed. Shouldn't msxml3r.dll be included too? If so, then it's needed to write:

FINDSTR/IR "\.AX \.ACM \.OCX msxml.*.dll" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT>>WORK\NSFREG0.TXT at least.

What's your oppinion?

FULLSRC_DRVonly.TXT

FULLSRC_TXTonly.TXT

Edited by whitehorses

I don't get 4 extra entries without the /R. I'll check out the Italian version of the timezone update -- maybe I'm missing something.

The first line is useless because it doesn't strip the tabs.
I don't understand what do you mean by that. It works for me on w2k, both during HFSLIP process, and if I just run this command from commandline.
That's nice, but the TXTSETUP.SIF of my XPSP2 has a tab right after the three file names I mentioned (between the file name and the = sign). Your code does not remove that extra tab so I also get it in FULLSRC.TXT. A list of the new and updated files is made after that, and then existing file names are stripped out (so they don't get referenced again in TXTSETUP.SIF and DOSNET.INF) by comparing the two lists. If a hotfix updates those three files, those extra tabs in FULLSRC.TXT will cause DOS to think those files are completely new and as a consequence add duplicate entries into TXTSETUP.SIF and DOSNET.INF.
The second line in your code is garbage: the resulting file is empty (0KB).
Sorry I mistyped it:

FINDSTR /I /B /R "[^=]*\." SOURCE\I386\DRVINDEX.INF>>WORK\FULLSRC.TXT

(red is the color)

Alright. I'll test this in a bit.
A question: a few lines below there is a line of code like this:

FINDSTR/IR "\.AX \.ACM \.OCX msxml..dll" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT>>WORK\NSFREG0.TXT

My question is that msxml..dll is what you intended to write? I during HFSLIP process I recognised that there are msxml3.dll and msxml3r.dll in as new binaries. This way only msxml3.dll is processed. Shouldn't msxml3r.dll be included too? If so, then it's needed to write:

FINDSTR/IR "\.AX \.ACM \.OCX msxml.*.dll" WORK\NSFALL1.TXT>>WORK\NSFREG0.TXT at least.

What's your oppinion?

The msxml*r.dll files aren't supposed to be registered to my knowledge. At least, they produce errors when registered.

@ TC

:TZ928388

I don't get 4 extra entries without the /R. I'll check out the Italian version of the timezone update -- maybe I'm missing something.
The code in question was this, it's from 70130c test release:

FINDSTR/VI "America.Standard.Time.Dynamic.DST...2 Brazilian.Standard.Time.Dynamic.DST...2" WORK\928388A.TXT>>SOURCESS\I386\HFSLPHIV.INF

Just look at this string. "America.Standard"... you find no dots in the .infs, at least not in update_SP2QFE.inf of the hotfix WindowsXP-KB928388-x86-ENU.exe. Since a dot means any character in RegEx, it would recognise the line, if RegEx was enabled. But that needs /R.

But I suggest not to use regex at all, because it's not really needed there. Use this instead:

FINDSTR /V /I /C:"America Standard Time" /C:"Brazilian Standard Time" WORK\928388A.TXT>>SOURCESS\I386\HFSLPHIV.INF

:POSTHFX

That's nice, but the TXTSETUP.SIF of my XPSP2 has a tab right after the three file names I mentioned (between the file name and the = sign).

I didn't know about that. I would ask MS why that 4 entries needed tabs, dooh :wacko:

You are right, the first line in my exaple won't remove those, hmm...

At least w2k has no prob with that, there are no tabs in its txtsetup.

Another interesting thing is that I don't see how the code in 70130c can remove it. That won't do this scenario too.

Hmm.. this does:

FOR /F "TOKENS=1 DELIMS== " %%I IN ('FINDSTR ",,," TXTSETUP.SIF') DO ECHO>>SRC_LIST.TXT %%I

NOTE1: It's not visible, but there IS a tab AND a space after DELIMS==

NOTE2: For some reason tab must not be the last, or it messes up everything.

The msxml*r.dll files aren't supposed to be registered to my knowledge. At least, they produce errors when registered.

Short and full :thumbup

Edited by whitehorses

hi! i'm so glad i was able to do create some build over the past couple of days ... using 70129a (although it shows here that 70130c is already out) ... here were some of the issues i encountered:

(1) as posted in a different thread: Trouble with slipstream Dell OEM Win XP, i encountered activation issues making use of Dell OEM XP Pro SP2 cd in a clone machine ... have also tried this this no wga but still the same :(

(2) given the above concern, naturally i had problems with wmp11 & ie7 installation too ... both were not there even if IE7SVCPACK=1 was specified in HFANSWER.ini ... even with rebootting upon finishing of OS installation ...

(3) please correct me if i'm mistaken, i do not need earlier wmp HFs if i were to slipstream wmp11, right? or are the following still required: KB911564 & KB894871 ... would there be any other specific HFs that are required?

(4) i encountered common errors as i hit the desktop: framedyn.dll not found & error loading srclient & only a few addons were installed (& still without wmp11 & ie7) ... i think these were caused by some add-ons ... (any of these could be the culprit: Kels_FGCBA_Handler_addon_v0.897.CAB --- for this 1 there was an error while still running the cmd during the integration of addons, NR_VistaUAP_Addon_1.1.cab, or Ricks_RTMSidebar_AddOn_v2.rar ... taking these out from HFAAO did not produce the aforementioned error ...

(5) likewise encountered at T-13 was this: [b]Installer initialization failed due to following error: Undefined error: Invalid command line argument "Q:A". ... although i realized later that some installers were incorrectly placed in HFSVCPACK_SW rather than in HFSVCPACK ... this has been rectified by transferring the installers :)

(6) these 2 .msis even if placed in HFSVCPACK_SW were not installed: TimeZoneSetup.msi & UFDSetupWizard.msi

(7) checking setuperr.log also presented a number of errors ...

i've attached some files that might be of help ...

really nice to be able to run create some builds again :P

thanks in advance

Edited by Kiki Burgh

@whitehorses

It's intentional. The "FirstEntry" and "LastEntry" lines are supposed to be included in HFSLPHIV.INF.

@Kiki

1) HFSLIP supports the OEMBIOS addons -- at least, if I interpret them correctly. I personally doubt it you can use these on a self-assembled PC.

3) Important things to know

4) I'll check out those three addons

5) EXEs in HFSVCPACK_SW are installed with the /Q:A /R:N switches

ey TC ... nice to hear from you again! :)

(1) yup you granted my request on these previously ... :) the only thing that i noticed though is these files were only copied to an OEM directory ... created parallel to i386 & the rest ... OEMBIOS.* files already exist in i386 ... i do not know though if something is executed by the Siginet's addon ... i'll read further ...

(2) how about this?

(3) already read about this ... (been always recommending this link to the others who post related issues ... he! he!) ... KB894871 is a by-request only HF (would you have this HF TC ... could you kindly share it with me for download so i could test it too) while KB911564 if i recall it correctly is still needed for wmp11 as per S-M

Correct me if I'm wrong, but KB911564 is still needed even when installing WMP11 because it replaces something that exists across all Windows Media component programs.

(4) thanks!

(5) yup this screenshot is what i got (pls see screenshot ... oops i can't find it sorry) ... but i have th text copy attached

(6) how about this too?

(7) any comment on this? :P

really wish i could do more tests so i could participate more here ... he! he!

thanks!

switches.txt

@Kiki

1) I only have HFSLIP do what the information files in Siginet's addons tell it to do. As far as I can see, the result should be that a CMD is executed during Windows setup that takes care of everything.

2) WMP11 is slipstreamed. You don't get WMP11 when clicking on "Windows Media Player"?

3) KB911564 is not related to any version of WMP in particular so you still need it when slipstreaming WMP11.

4) There's something fishy about the Sidebar addon. When I include it (RAR will be supported in next version), I get an error message at every login saying that Sidebar couldn't start because some file could not be found. The strange thing is: this file is not part of Windows, it's not included with the addon, and the forum post you linked to doesn't say anything about it either. Crazy stuff. I also tested the other two addons you mentioned and they are OK as far as I can see.

5) Do a proper run with the version I'll upload later and then see if you still get that error message.

6) Do they require a specific version of .NET? I see in your log that you are installing .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 in one go; this will cause other programs to think .NET 2.0 isn't installed yet before rebooting. If that's the case, either put those MSIs in HFGUIRUNONCE, or remove .NET 1.1 (or put .NET 1.1 in HFGUIRUNONCE).

7) Same as 5).

What do you mean? (What first and last entry?)
Removing "Dynamic.DST...2" from the search string will cause those lines which contain "FirstEntry" and "LastEntry" to be stripped as well. They should not be stripped.
Could you add support for reg files in HFGUIRUNONCE?
You can put them in HFSVCPACK directory... the results is the same.
Not really. "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" doesn't exist at T-13; any such entries will be converted to "HKEY_USERS" by Windows setup. And if you add entries at T-13 they may get overwritten again by applications that are installed later on.

New version underway.

Edited by Tomcat76

Removing "Dynamic.DST...2" from the search string will cause those lines which contain "FirstEntry" and "LastEntry" to be stripped as well. They should not be stripped.

You are right, I missed that. Hmm... Then yours is the right string to search for, with regex of course

Edited by whitehorses