HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

@Glowy

Do you have the same problem with RC5? Try rebooting your system and do a chkdsk too.

RC5 -> still the same

reboot -> still the same :(

I'm building a new VM atm to test something else.. I will test it in the VM when it's done, maybe somethings wrong with my PC.

Yes, it's normal in that situation. HFSLIP 1.6.4 and newer force-copy ieframe.dll.mui, jscript.dll and vgx.dll from IE7 hotfixes because they have an older creation date than those in the new IE7 installer. After that, HFSLIP does a "normal" copy of the remaining files, but you see "0 File(s) copied" because vgx.dll is the only file inside IE7-WindowsXP-KB938127 (there is nothing else to copy). The same applies to IE7-WindowsXP-KB933873 which only contains jscript.dll.

However, DOS allows copying of files created on or after a specified date, so I will experiment with that feature a bit now. Maybe it will make it in the next version.

In the system properties the automatic update tab is shown in English, but it should be Greek.

Is there any chance that this is caused by hfslip?? With older versions this didn't happened. I think that this occurs with 1.7rc versions but I'm not sure.

The snapshot is from hfslip 1.7rc4 without any other addons or driverpacks.

post-20089-1194966698_thumb.jpg

What is your OS language according to HFSLIP.LOG?

Can you extract the attached ZIP file into the HFSLIP working folder, run it, and report back the number that's displayed?

I will do when i get home. Can you send me the 1.6rc version to test again because I have a working dvd created with that version.

edit: and the lucky number is 1033

Edited by bfc_xxx

I have bad news I think:

LCID = 1033

language code = enu

With older versions of hfslip I didn't had that problem (the automatic update tab).

The last good version was HFSLIP Version - 1.7.0rc1 build 71111a (I found the dvd and checked the hfslip.log) but I have deleted the cmd file and I cannot test it again.

edit: also I see with 1.7.0rc1 --> OS in SOURCESS - XP SP2 „ΆΆž¤ ΅α

1.7.0rc4 build 71112b --> OS in SOURCESS - XP SP2 English

lol now I understand what happened :)

Edited by bfc_xxx

Maybe this is not right place to ask but sorry from now :D

*i speak about not public hotfixes*

Every hotfix does not contain only one file. I have seen some hotfixes mixed each other.

Bigger KB can include a lower version number file. But other files are newer version.

And another hotfix may include newer files then bigger KB hotfix.

Crossed each other. :/

I would like to know can HFSLIP can choose newer file to slipstream or not? Automaticly i hope.