Record CPU Temp Over Time?

ringfinger

Someone could probably write a program to do that.....but why?

And how often do you think you need to sample that temperature?

Many mobo's don't have monitors for the CPU temp anyway. So where ya gonna get the info?

If you've got a good cpu fan and you've got the required amount of Heat Sink Grease between the CPU chip and the heat sink, and you can lay your finter up along side the CPU heatsink while it's running without hollering "Ouch", then you've got nothing to worry about. :thumbup

I've found that my right index finger is the best CPU temperature testor I've ever seen. :lol:

I've been using it for years and it's never let me down yet.

Good Luck,

Andromeda43

Well I mainly want it because of curiousity. First of all I have a p4 650 OC'd to 4.1 GHz on a Zalman 9500 w/ AS5, ASUS P5WD2-P board with winbond sensors to read all kinds of temps, voltages and fan speeds. I use SpeedFan and mbm mostly, but just would like to have a log over time of CPU temps at load. I do a lot of distributed computing such as seti@home and others and am usually maxed and would like to keep a log of my temps.

Well I mainly want it because of curiousity. First of all I have a p4 650 OC'd to 4.1 GHz on a Zalman 9500 w/ AS5, ASUS P5WD2-P board with winbond sensors to read all kinds of temps, voltages and fan speeds. I use SpeedFan and mbm mostly, but just would like to have a log over time of CPU temps at load. I do a lot of distributed computing such as seti@home and others and am usually maxed and would like to keep a log of my temps.
Motherboard Monitor has a logging function.

BTW mine is 67MHz faster than yours :P 4.167GHz

Two 80mm fans and a large custom fabricated aluminum heatsink

Full load is around 70°C and idle is less than 30°.

Edited by LLXX