Can I kill a TFT monitor?

WildKat

This may sound weird but I would like to create more dead pixels on my TFT screen somehow. This is just to ensure I get a new screen before my warranty expires, there is 2 dead ones already and I need 8 to get a new screen.

Is there a software available that 'burns' into the pixels or similar??

a dead pixel is some sort of crystal cell, when its dead its basicly b/c it has no voltage on that specif cell, so if somehow u can kill the power flow to one that would to the job, but I think thats impossible since theres so many and I dunno nothing about lcd's if u just wanna break, open it up and check power on on some circuits with one of those meters, then hook up a adjustable power supply and go up from the voltage it reads till the screen goes dead.. I have this in mind also for when im getting my lcd.. buy it, kill it just b4 the warranty expires...

lol, drop it on the floor, might as well plug it in, stick it in a tub of water and enjoy the show...then just dry it and it'll look like new and not work...

/Not responsible for electricutions, damages of any sort, nothing, so dont blame me.. lol

lol, drop it on the floor, might as well plug it in, stick it in a tub of water and enjoy the show...then just dry it and it'll look like new and not work...

/Not responsible for electricutions, damages of any sort, nothing, so dont blame me.. lol

and how would u go about getting the water out of the monitor :)?

get a lil eletronic kit :rolleyes: and try shorting the plug at the back too.

humm maybe even a few drops through the back would help destroy it... that wont be seen when they take it... many many ways of killin a monitor, water is the biggest enemy...

and the biggest chance of killing one self :)