No Display when booting pc

Scubar

i seem to be having some trouble with my pc. when i boot the pc on i cant get any display from either the onboard video card or my agp video card. its like its not powering the monitor on, yet the monitor is working perfectly on this pc im using now. i have recently bought a brand new 550w psu and motherboard so i can try and get my other pc working. i have 2 different cpus and 2 sticks of ram. i have tried switching them around to see if theyre the problem. it seems everything is booting up but just no display, im totally stumped as to what could be the problem. i am only connecting up the psu, cpu , ram , mouse n keyboard so it should still be able to boot atleast so i can get to the bios.

any suggestions.

i am only connecting up the psu, cpu , ram , mouse n keyboard so it should still be able to boot atleast so i can get to the bios.

I presume your monitor too :P

Reset your BIOS, if that doen´t help the replace the motherboard ;)

the motherboard is new and has been tested so i know that its not that, the monitor is also fine. i have also just had the ram checked so i know thats ok too. the psu is also new as the old one blewup on me, the chips are Athlon 1800+ and 2000+. the pc used to work fine for a year and abit, but after a while the pc started cutting out on me for no reason. i worked out that by lowering the clock speeds from the default 1.53 (1800+) and 1.67Ghz (2000+) in the bios it would stop the pc from cutting out.

the only real thing left that i can think of that could be causing no video would be both processors are screwed. i can understand the 2000+ being buggered cause it was in when the psu went bang but not the 1800+

Edited by ScubaSteve

so the motherboard has been tested in a different system an worked?

test both CPU's in a different system, if possible.

the onyl 2 things that ive seen cause this kinda of book failure is either CPU faulty, or Mobo...

havent been able to test the cpus, im hoping to take them to a local pc shop to see if theyll test them for free. most of the time they try to charge £40 for doing crap like that though. i just find it extremely odd that both cpus could be faulty

the pc used to work fine for a year and abit, but after a while the pc started cutting out on me for no reason. i worked out that by lowering the clock speeds from the default 1.53 (1800+) and 1.67Ghz (2000+) in the bios it would stop the pc from cutting out.
That's symptomatic of a faulty CPU voltage regulator or damper capacitor(s).

Does it even beep, flash the keyboard LEDs, or attempt to read from the hard drive?

If it does, then the problem lies with the video subsystem.

Otherwise, the mobo or CPU is at fault.

hdd isnt connected, no beep. all i have connected is the mobo,cpu,hs+fan, ram, keyboard n mouse and my keyboard doesnt have lights on it :)

i have tried with my old motherboard and the new one. i just really cant believe that both cpus could be dead.

Do you get any POST beep codes when you turn it on? If not I would try another power supply, aside from CPU I've replaced more PSU's in AMD systems than any other component. They will appear to turn on but either get no video or not complete post. Try another PSU, I know you said it was new but that doesn't mean a thing.

Although asking here for help is certainly recommended ,

My first Advice would be to call some engineer to your house , who can check the Machine first hand .

Maybe sending the machine to the local Shop for checkup would also be better.