(Noob)what are the possible ways to ovrclock?

Woomera

ok i think a topic that describes the diffrent ways to overclock the pc would be fun for everyone.

like,what are those voltage options in the bios? what happens if you higher the voltage of the memory or cpu?

what are the consequesnces? what should the overclocker keep in mind? is it worth it(how much better performance against the damage that may cause to hardware)?

thanks.

• 1 month later...

ok i read the articles and other topics about gpu and cpu overclocking,but as far as i didnt see any software that test the cpu overclock settings without applying it can anyone tell me how to overclock my cpu to get the maximum performance?

and i just downloaded the latest NGO driver(based on 81.26) and overclocked my 6600 core clock from 300 to 357 and memory clock from 500 to 612. :thumbup

my specs are:

k8n pro-sli

athlon 3200 venice

ok i heard you guys talking about no two cpus are equal,but what about big advertising of amd64 for overclocking? look what ive done:(from ripken article :thumbup )

cpu core voltage: 1.65v

ldt(dram multi): 3x

dram/fsb: 2/1 =0.5 of cpu/fsb

but highest i can go with cpu fsb is 215 or it wont pass ide detection and i cant higher the vcore voltage cause with current i have 45c.and even with current(215) i pass the superpi 32m and occi test but occi torture fails.

even gave ht link voltage +0.1 and dram voltage +0.1.

what the ****?

voltatge is high..

but u should be looking at 250x10 1.5v

i dont see why it cant detect the ide drive tho, pretty strange.

dont do any overclocking with the ram yet, just leave it on a divider and concentrate on the cpu.

ok i need a hand over here:

changed my ram timing to automatic(2.5,5,5,10)

set my cpu multi to 10x

1.65v vcore, +0.2(max) dram voltage, +0.3(max)

cpu fsb to 2.65 :thumbup (at last)

dram frequency 219(x2=438(def=400))

everything is fine and everest memory benchmarks shows a fantastic numbers.

the problem is my dram multi is 2x :blink: and i cant move even to 3x even if i set my dram frequency to 196(392).and i know that my dram clack must be around 2000 and its 876 :o right now.

but i tested the current settings with super pi and memtest and ran all the 3dmark05 test and everything is just fine.

ok so what do i do now? do i need to loose a little cpu fsb?

do i even have problem with current sets?

edit: ah and whats the spread spectrum?

edit: hello!!!

Edited by fatalwoomera

Disable spread-spectrum. It basically varies the clock frequency continuously and rapidly ±10% to spread the radio frequency emissions over a larger spectrum with less strength. It's not needed unless the interference is causing other problems, as that 10% clock frequency change is enough to destablise an edgy overclock.

Edited by LLXX