Noob web creator software!

ok i know this maybe posted befor but i didnt know what to search for,so dont shoot me.

im a complete Noob that wanna make a simple website with the minimum knoledge needed.any suggestion?(software for this)

First off , welcome to the world of web-development. :hello:

Second, you'll find the info you're looking for in this thread which is located 3 down from yours actually.

You can find a whole mess of editing software at http://www.webdevelopersjournal.com/softwa...ml_editors.html

You can also download frontpage express (a good starter version) for free from http://sssd.k12.ar.us/departments/dts/training/fp.htm

Edited by Chozo4

Alternately, you may be looking for some kind of Content Management System, which will give you a template website that you will then expand upon.

http://www.opensourcecms.com/ will give you a list of free systems, which, assuming your web host supports all of the functionality (ie. PHP, Apache, MySQL, etc.), will be good for a quick and easy setup.

Since I am not a great at making a web page, I made this so you can see how simple a page can be.

Save As SimpleWebPage.html

<HTML><HEAD><BODY> <html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<Title> A Simple Web Page </Title>
<meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><meta name=ProgId content=Word.Document>
<meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name=Originator content="Microsoft Word 11">
<style type="text/css">
Body.Normal
{font:9.75pt;font-family:Palatino-Linotype;color:#004040;background-color:#ed0926;filter:
progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(GradientType=0,StartColorStr='#eeeeee',endColorStr='#5e9ab9');
padding-top:1;padding-bottom:1;Text-Align:Center;Valign:Top;}
.Button
{font-family:Palatino-Linotype;font-size :8.75pt;font-weight:Bold-Italic;
line-height:110%;color:#09f6ed;background-color:#6CA2E3;filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient
(GradientType=0,StartColorStr='#5e9ab9,endColorStr='#006060'');width:91;height:25;
padding-top:1;padding-bottom:1;padding-left:5;padding-right:5;margin-right:5;margin-left:5;}
.PopupTopText
{font:9.25pt Palatino Linotype;color:#007266;font-weight:Italic;line-height:110%;text-align:Center;}
.PopupTextBottom
{font:9.25pt Palatino Linotype;color:#00101a;font-weight:Italic;line-height:110%;text-align:Left;}
</STYLE>

<script>
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Button Flash
var i=0; var ie=(document.all)?1:0; var ns=(document.layers)?1:0;
function LightOn(what){ if (ie) what.style.backgroundColor = '#06d3ed'; else return;}
function LightOff(what){if (ie) what.style.backgroundColor = '#0926ed';else return;}
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Button Popup Text
function B1text() {if (RBG.style.visibility == "hidden")
{RBG.style.visibility = "",b1a.style.visibility = "",b1b.style.visibility = ""}
else {RBG.style.visibility = "hidden",b1a.style.visibility = "hidden",b1b.style.visibility = "hidden"}}
function Button1()
{alert("Hello, this is a JS Script")
}
</SCRIPT>
<Body Class="Normal"><H1>My Simple Web Page</H1>
<Table><TD onmouseover="B1text()" onmouseout="B1text()">
<Input Type="Button" Class="Button" Value="Press Me" onclick="Button1()" onMouseOver=LightOn(this) onMouseOut=LightOff(this)>
</TD></Table>

<!-- ===================================================================================== -->
<Div id="RBG" style="visibility:hidden; position:absolute; top:1; Left:1; width:1; height:1;
background-color: white; filter:progid:DXImageTransform.alpha(opacity=100);
filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(GradientType=0, StartColorStr='#bbb7b3', EndColorStr='#c4c0bb')">
</DIV>
<Div id="b1a" style="visibility:hidden;color:;position:absolute;top:95;left:119;width:410;height:18; margin-top:5; margin-left:5;">
<P Class="PopupTopText">Some Text here</DIV>
<DIV id="b1b" style="visibility:hidden;color:;position:absolute;top:110;left:119;width:440;height:16; margin-top:5; margin-left:5;">
<UL Class="PopupTextBottom"><li Class="PopupTextBottom">
More text here if needed.
</UL></DIV>

Heh, simple page indeed. No offense to your coding skills any but that much bloat for such a simple (eye-bleeding) page would drive away alot of newbies. That is however if they were considering learning the html-side of webpages. A simple page uses basic HTML and no javascript or css really (and if any very little).

Heck, that much code for something so little scares me even O.o

Edited by Chozo4

It 50 lines long and it has a button on it. It uses all the elements needed, plus I added some more advance

Js Script so it has things like popup text and the button changes color when the mouse passes over it.

This one is 29 lines long with a button that plays a music file. That includes comment lines and space

<HTML><HEAD><BODY> <html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<Title> Demo_MusicButton </Title><HTA:APPLICATION ID="MusicButton" SCROLL="No"
SCROLLFLAT ="No" SingleInstance="Yes" ShowInTaskbar="Yes" SysMenu="Yes" MaximizeButton="No" MinimizeButton="No"
Border="Thin" BORDERSTYLE ="complex" INNERBORDER ="No" Caption="Yes" WindowState="Normal" APPLICATIONNAME="MusicButton"
Icon="Hta2.ico">
<meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><meta name=ProgId content=Word.Document>
<meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name=Originator content="Microsoft Word 11">
<style type="text/css">
.Button
{font-family:Palatino-Linotype;font-size :8.75pt;font-weight:Bold-Italic;
line-height:110%;color:#09f6ed;background-color:#6CA2E3;filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient
(GradientType=0,StartColorStr='#5e9ab9,endColorStr='#006060'');width:91;height:25;
padding-top:1;padding-bottom:1;padding-left:5;padding-right:5;margin-right:5;margin-left:5;}
Body.Normal
{font:9.75pt;font-family:Palatino-Linotype;color:#004040;background-color:#ed0926;filter:
progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(GradientType=0,StartColorStr='#eeeeee',endColorStr='#5e9ab9');
padding-top:1;padding-bottom:1;Text-Align:Center;Valign:Top;}
</STYLE>
<script>
function MusicToPlay(address) {window.location=address;}
function ExitHta(){self.close();}
</script>

<Body Class="Normal">
<Table>
<!-- =================================== PLACE THE WEB ADDRESS HERE ================== -->
<Input Type="Button" Class="Button" onClick="MusicToPlay('Http://www.gunsmokingman.ath.cx/Music_Temp/Janeiro.wma')" Value="Play">
</Table>

Since I have never took a course and self taught at this I found these to be simple pages to make. Here is a link to a My Webpage that I made using the first post plus some more Js script to make. I used Notepad2 to make the page.

Edited by gunsmokingman

<html>
<head>
<title>This is a web page!</title>
</head>
<body>
Hi! Welcome to my almost completely blank web page!<br>
A second line!<br>
<b>Bold</b> text! <i>Italic</i> text! <u>Underlined</u> text!
</body>
</html>

HTML is pretty darn easy, and doing it by hand is the only way to ensure it looks exactly how you want.