Hotfix Integration.... True Integration?

Hi There,

I have been searching around and can not find the "Best" way to integrate the Hotfixes (XP SP2).

I currently just put them into SVCPACK and then modify the SVCPACK.INF accordingly. But There are so many hotfixes now that it takes an extra hour during the install to get them all in. Is there anyway to get them slipstreamed into windows? :(

So I guess I am asking, what is the best way to integrate Hotfixes? SVCPACK Method, Integrate Method, nLite Method?

Thank you for your time! B)

Ok, look into these options.

Of them, what is the best? :}

I used nLite almost a year ago and the problem was it created it's own install files and I lost control of my Unattended. (Kinda Control Freak). I want to know where every setup file is going and what is being changed. Am I able to ONLY integrate the Hotfixes and not have nLite start getting its little fingers modifiying more than that in my Setup files and WINNT.SIF. (You know what I mean... :unsure: )

Edited by X-Savior

I looked at that, but all it does is place them in the SVCPACK folder and make the proper SVCPACK.INF entry's with *.cat files for them. This still does not cut doen on Install Time.

If they are Slipstreamed into Windows PRIOR to OS Install then the install will be very quick AND up to date. :thumbup

The easiest thing you are looking at is , DIRECT INTEGRATION , using nLite.

I will patch all the files of you installation source and wont keep the installers in SVCpack folder.

Try it out with the new version of nLite , there have been hell of a change in nLite since the last one year. Give it a go!!

:) Well, Everything is looking good. Really cut down on my overall disc size. Install seems to be going smooth. I will investigate further as to what nLite got it's fingers into and changed. :D

What I Did was found a master list of Hotfixes for XP SP2 and downloaded them all. I Also have pretty much the entire SP3 Hotfix Collection. :thumbup

So I combined them all together. Approx 201 Hotfixes in total. :whistle:

Edited by X-Savior