display problem with geforce fx 5200

Unclassified

I just got a Geforce fx 5200 and im trying to put it in a pcchips M754 but when its all set up there is no display at all. I have disabled the onboard video i think and with the geforce in the onboard has no display even if it is enabled. Anyone know whats wrong?

Im a bit confused now, it says on the box it needs 300w but i just checked the psu in my sisters pc which it worked fine in and it says the psu is 220w. This happened with a different video card as well, i think i tried a mx4000 or something and it did exactly the same thing as the fx5200

I just got a Geforce fx 5200 and im trying to put it in a pcchips M754 but when its all set up there is no display at all. I have disabled the onboard video i think and with the geforce in the onboard has no display even if it is enabled. Anyone know whats wrong?

If I understand that correctly, the board does not work regardless of wether that new fx5200 is installed? If yes then I suggest stripping the board down to the bare minimum components (motherboard, cpu, ram, video, power supply). If it doesnt work with the bare minimum, then start swapping components until you get it to POST.

It could be that the motherboard is just too old for that video card. There are many revisions of the PCI specification and the older socket 7/370 motherboards were made to meet a much older version of the PCI spec then (for example) that newer lga 775 board you tested and had it work in. The shorter version of that is they just might not be compatible.