I have Problem with PCChips M925

sabapc

go into your bios.. it should have something about Onboard Video ON/OFF for eg.. and also should be an option to choose where to search for ur graphics card via the port it would be in like AGP/PCI

hope that may help :)

in my expirience, if you install AGP card, the on-board turns off by itself, may be the problem is the opposite, may be you need to enable AGP in bios, not to disable on-board

well, not sure, definetly should be the bios though

good luck with that

with that board you cant disable onboard video.

if you put a card in the agp slot the onboard video still works as a secondary so just go into bios and set shared video memory to 8MB >lowest setting.

• 3 years later...
with that board you cant disable onboard video.

if you put a card in the agp slot the onboard video still works as a secondary so just go into bios and set shared video memory to 8MB >lowest setting.

First, let me say that this is one among many responses to this question which have been given over the year that this mobo has existed. Let me also tell you that though it is not quite correct, it is closer to being correct than anyone else has been (at least in public).

The shared memory setting in bios is indeed the correct place to make the adjustment, but there is one additional setting, which is to share 0 Mb or none. That is the correct setting to elimiate the conflict which occurs over IRQ 11 when an external video board is added to this mobo.

I know this is a very very belated thank you to rstyker for his help on this, but I found this very valuable even at (perhaps particularly at) this late date.

So Thx!!!

you don't exactly have to disable anything. when i installed my PCI video card, it was showing up as the secondary screen, all i did was change where the moniter was plugged in, without turning off my computer, because it switched when i rebooted. then i disabled intel on-board graphics, and made my nvidia card the primary video adapter

• 2 weeks later...