Windows XP Pro SP2 - size?

WDGC

Well if you have the win xp pro disk, pop it in a head to my computer! then right click your cd drive and click properties, and it will give you the exact ammount!

Edited by wolf74481

Well if you have the win xp pro disk, pop it in a head to my computer! then right click your cd drive and click properties, and it will give you the exact ammount!

I should have elaborated in my earlier posts; The reason I wanted the exact size was to determine if my Dell "Reinstallation CD" [XP_PRO_SP2] contained only the OS - nothing else.

I strongly suspected it only contained the OS and prior to posting here had found Properties indicated the size as 584MB.

As redxii quotes the same size I think I can safely conclude the "Reinstallation CD" does only contain the OS.

I should have elaborated in my earlier posts; The reason I wanted the exact size was to determine if my Dell "Reinstallation CD" [XP_PRO_SP2] contained only the OS - nothing else.

I strongly suspected it only contained the OS and prior to posting here had found Properties indicated the size as 584MB.

As redxii quotes the same size I think I can safely conclude the "Reinstallation CD" does only contain the OS.

thats correct The dell installiation cd ONLY containes the OS! all other system files must be installed with the "Resource CD" thats the one that came in a plastic sealed pacage!

Edited by wolf74481

My CD is 584MB with SP2, and nothing else added by me. Can't speak for if it is the exact size, but that's my figure.

As I posted above, the size of the Dell "Reinstallation CD" as measured at Properties is 584MB - the same size as your XP Pro SP2 CD. Would you mind telling me the type of CD - Retail, OEM ... - you have. If it is not the same as mine I think I can be completely sure my Dell "Reinstallation CD" only contains the OS.

Edited by WDGC

thats correct The dell installiation cd ONLY containes the OS! all other system files must be installed with the "Resource CD" thats the one that came in a plastic sealed pacage!

Yes, it was because of the presence of the "Resource CD" that I "I strongly suspected it only contained the OS", but it's good to have confirmation. Thank you.

Look, a lurker from Neowin.

Actually, that's probably a great way to get a pool of answers. Both forums' responses. Cool. :yes:

That's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black!

I've done similar before and, strangely enough, often get a number of replies from one forum and very few, or even none, from the other - if only I knew beforehand which forum was going to favour me!

However today, as you will have observed, there was a good response with a number of replies from each.

I'm sure both do, but you found me elsewhere; and I answered politely. :)

I not sure I understand your reply. If when you say "and I answered politely", you imply my response to your "Look, a lurker from Neowin." post wasn't, let me assure you, said response was merely an attempt at humour by me - and apparently a failed attempt at that.