Ghost Image

Carlo

Hi all ,

who knows if it is possible to make a ghost image of a windows server 2003 disk or partition ?

If it can't be done with ghost, is there other software to do it ?

Greetings ,

Carlo

hi carlo

i dont know if its possible with ghost, i believe that ghost corporate edition should work,

i personally use Acronis TrueImage witch works very good on both winXP and win2003.

one of the great things about it is that you dont need to restart the computer when making image of the system partition

(i dont know if ghost allows you to do that)

Hi,

I tried Ghost 7.5 , everything seems to go well, but after putting back the image i am not able to logon anymore.

i get no error message's. the onlything i see is : trying to logon and after that i am kicked back to the logonscreen, no error messages at all.

When i go to the event viewer with remote desktop connection there is a error message something like : you are not allowed to login.....

What can be wrong ?

Grtx,

Carlo

Ghost 7.0 works but must be run from a DOS boot disk or from Windows 98. This version does not work well on NTFS partitions, no problem with FAT32. Backup to and restore from: CD-RW, 2nd internal hard drive, different partition on same hard drive, external hard drive (if you have DOS drivers). No backup to USB device.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Partition Magic 7.0 can copy partitions, so I assume 8.0 does it, too.

I can't seem to get Partition Magic to install on Win 2k3... The installer says it won't support it. Does anyone else have this problem?