Help! Major problem!

RJARRRPCGP

I manually slipstreamed SP4 into Windows 2000 Pro, integrated DirectX 9.0c with HFSLIP then removed lots of components with nLite 1.0rc6.

When the Windows 2000 installation process was almost complete, gotten an error message saying that it failed to register a DLL then after clicking OK, when it seemed fine, boom!, a BSOD! The BSOD was the following:

***STOP: 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA

fastfat.sys

:realmad:

This was when I made a bootable CD. Here's the Last Session.ini data of my planned Windows 2000 Pro installation:

Last_Session.ini

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

Bad ram?

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso . (You want "Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)" )

Download the Memtest ISO and burn it to CD. Boot with the CD and it contains a RAM diagnostic.

Run the tests, and if there are ANY errors, your ram is: bad, going bad, or improperly clocked.

Nope! Because it's fine again after I reinstalled a non-nLite'd Windows 2000 Pro!

Also, this PC is rock stable! It's both 4-hour 3D Mark 2001 SE and 24-hour Prime95 stable!

I'm taking this topic to PM! Because I have been ignored, except for someone jumping to conclusions that my RAM's unstable. :(

I'm highly experienced in custom PCs and I know that my RAM is fine! Because I did some major testing before I declared this PC a regular-usage PC. In fact, I had the RAM at a higher frequency before and it was still stable.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

yep this isnt a ram or stuff problem. this issue was first developed in rc2 and rc3 rc4 rc5 and now rc6

last compilations showed that i cant remove IIS. when to do this, fastfat coming, i dont figure out what the f*** is with that IIS. i hope this problem solves soon cause i wanna get rid of that IIS :))

When using HFSLIP, how do you answer when prompted on how to repack the driver cab? I would recommend to make a merged driver.cab because I'm not 100% confident that NLITE reduces driver.cab, sp4.cab and spx.cab. If you chose the merged cab option with HFSLIP, NLITE works pretty good.

When using HFSLIP, how do you answer when prompted on how to repack the driver cab? I would recommend to make a merged driver.cab because I'm not 100% confident that NLITE reduces driver.cab, sp4.cab and spx.cab. If you chose the merged cab option with HFSLIP, NLITE works pretty good.

After trying again, with the IIS option untouched, horray!!!! No crashes or a pop up error message!!!!

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

There's more than one way to reduce windows ;). There is a hidden option in HFSLIP called HFCLEANUP. It's an alternative to reducing if you don't mind doing some legwork. The fileset I'm working on reduces far more than NLITE does. If you do this, you'll kill IIS. To summarize on eliminating IIS and using NLITE, do this:

1. Create a folder alongside your hfslip cmd file called HFCLEANUP.

2. Download Oleg2's mini002.zip file from here and extract the IIS.REM file to the HFCLEANUP folder.

3. Run HFSLIP and choose the A, B or C merged driver option.

4. Nlite your sourcess folder.

There's more than one way to reduce windows ;). There is a hidden option in HFSLIP called HFCLEANUP. It's an alternative to reducing if you don't mind doing some legwork. The fileset I'm working on reduces far more than NLITE does. If you do this, you'll kill IIS. To summarize on eliminating IIS and using NLITE, do this:

1. Create a folder alongside your hfslip cmd file called HFCLEANUP.

2. Download Oleg2's mini002.zip file from here and extract the IIS.REM file to the HFCLEANUP folder.

3. Run HFSLIP and choose the A, B or C merged driver option.

4. Nlite your sourcess folder.

Horray! The Windows 2000 Pro installation process was fine after using the latest FDV fileset and the fileset you posted! No BSODs or any pop up error messages! This means that nLite isn't as stable as the FDV fileset and HFSLIP under Windows 2000. nLite isn't ready to go to final yet. Thus probably at least one more RC release before nLite goes final. Because nLite is still having issues with Windows 2000. This is bad news to say that one of the component removal options causes to Windows file system driver to crash! I dunno exactly why this occured, because the HDD didn't have any bad sectors. That BSOD I believe is a BSOD you would get if the HDD has bad sectors or the RAM malfunctioning, such as if OC'ing it too much.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

• 11 months later...
RJARRRPCGP, oh c'mon stop your whining...you can't expect nlite to work with other tools, what you can expect is to ask us to sync our incompatibilities and hope for the best.

Do you think that it's related to me slipstreaming DirectX 9 with HFSLIP then using nLite?