Firefox [ release discontinued]

Shark007

I check my package in Spanish and I found that everything is in XPI that is compressed, but how installer manage this, cause I revised every point, and I can't find any thing about chrome (.jar files) that is the language files (and some in search files). Another question, how do you uncompress Firefox... I tried, but I can't :S

how do you uncompress Firefox... I tried, but I can't :S
My distrubuted installer is english only. You can extract the files from my installer using winrar to get the plugin files.

The localized installation file can be installed silently. "Firefox Setup 1.5.0.7.exe" -ms

Then place the plugins from my package into a self extracting archive to extract to your firefox installation directory.

shark

@ SHARK

off topic question

do you recommend using Opera 9.2?

or firefox is really much better?

You're going to love this response, i don't recommend anything. I'm not even a 'mozilla' user. I have never tried Opera. My total experience with firefox involves creating this installer, no more.

@ mgadallah - more off topic info , you have my repository in your signature, but it has a new home. You will need to update the address to http://shark.blackteabag.ch or the mirror address http://www.sharksfiles.com

shark

Edited by Shark007

updated

Please PM me on the future to keep it updated

I have no intention to PM you to keep it updated. You placed it there yourself, you should keep it up to date yourself. Possibly removing the link altogether is the answer , this way updating wont be a problem.

@mgadallah, i'm sorry if you perceive this as rude, but all I'm saying is it was your rational choice to place the link there and it is your responsibility to keep it up to date. I can't PM all of MSFN just because i changed hosts

shark

Edited by Shark007

updated

Please PM me on the future to keep it updated

I have no intention to PM you to keep it updated. You placed it there yourself, you should keep it up to date yourself. Possibly removing the link altogether is the answer , this way updating wont be a problem.

@mgadallah, i'm sorry if you perceive this as rude, but all I'm saying is it was your rational choice to place the link there and it is your responsibility to keep it up to date. I can't PM all of MSFN just because i changed hosts

shark

Thanks, I'm really do like your work so I'll keep it updated :thumbup

Edited by mgadallah

I'm curious to know why this was discontinued. Luckily I got newest flavor before you took it down. But I'm wondering if you discontinued it because of bugs or something.

2 reasons:

1 - i was creating this installer because mozilla's installer did not work from scvpack. Now it does. Use -ms for a switch on the original installer.

2 - The plugins that were installing along with this gave me a headache for 2days when i was working with my codec package recently. I was setting up a removal item in the codec package to take out a few plugins from firefox. But the plugins wouldn't be deleted by the codec package because they were installed by this installer.

I personally switched to using mozilla's installer. Therefore this installer got nixed.

shark