Environment variable question

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR\Interface\Themes]"ShellExtBMP"="D:\\Program Files\\WinRAR"

%programfiles% doesn't work for me in the reg file.....how can i change D:\\Program Files

Edited by maniaq

You could try this instead!

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WinRAR\Interface\Themes]
"ShellExtBMP"="%ProgramFiles%\\WinRAR"

Or using reg.exe

REG ADD HKCU\Software\WinRAR\Interface\Themes /V ShellExtBMP /T REG_EXPAND_SZ /D "%%ProgramFiles%%\WinRAR" /F

<Edit>

The above should be one single line

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl

Yzöwl's reg add command runs fine on my machine, of course, when you run it in command line and not in a batch, you have to use just single not double %.

Wrong.

The double % allow to keep variable in registry with /t REG_EXPAND_SZ type. With one %, the value become hard coded. But in fact, it's not a problem if it's hard coded because after batch execution program files path doesn't change. I think the best solution it's batch file which pass hard coded path of program files to reg.exe.

REG ADD HKCU\Software\WinRAR\Interface\Themes /V ShellExtBMP /D "%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR" /F
Edited by sonic

• 2 weeks later...
Yzöwl's reg add command runs fine on my machine, of course, when you run it in command line and not in a batch, you have to use just single not double %.

Wrong.

The double % allow to keep variable in registry with /t REG_EXPAND_SZ type. With one %, the value become hard coded. But in fact, it's not a problem if it's hard coded because after batch execution program files path doesn't change. I think the best solution it's batch file which pass hard coded path of program files to reg.exe.

REG ADD HKCU\Software\WinRAR\Interface\Themes /V ShellExtBMP /D "%ProgramFiles%\WinRAR" /F

it worked..tnx